Most Casualties in a League Game

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Hey everyone,

Last night our league had a match of humans vs. goblins. Things became unglued by the end of the first turn.

16 casualties in total including 3 deaths which could no longer be apothecaried. The count was 12 - 4 in favour of the humans. Deaths were 2 - 1 in favour of the Goblins.

These teams have literally no Mighty Blow and only one person with Piling-on.

What is your leagues most deadliest match?

http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleag ... ?p=m&m=456

Michael

Reason: ''
If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Re: Most Casualties in a League Game

Post by Smeborg »

In theory the highest CAS count will involve a Regen team with 2 Babes on the receiving end. For example Khemri facing a high TV ClawPOMB team. The CAS count for the ClawPOMB team could be quite high if many Regen rolls succeed. If exactly half succeed, and the Khemri have a 16 player roster, they could in theory take around 32 CAS, perhaps 1 more with an Igor.

All the best.

Smeborg the Fleshless
crimsonsun
Experienced
Experienced

Post by crimsonsun »

In the OCC humbe caused in the mid twenties of Casualties against a Undead team with his Orcs, including killing both mummies I believe. personally I have never got better than 11 including four deaths, with a couple suffered.

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

This game: http://www.fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3542353 felt worse, although not nearly as many Cas.

4 actual deaths in the game, 2 apiece (2/3 of the big guys too :( ). In addition, my troll regen'd a death and the Skaven had a MNG and a Death for his injury (through the apoth).

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

crimsonsun wrote:In the OCC humbe caused in the mid twenties of Casualties against a Undead team with his Orcs, including killing both mummies I believe. personally I have never got better than 11 including four deaths, with a couple suffered.
11 is also the highest figure I remember for CAS by any team (although my memory may be faulty).

Smeborg the Fleshless
gollumullog
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gollumullog »

This game had 10-8 casualties with 3 deaths:
Skaven vs Undead:

http://thunderbowl.ca/tbsn/index.php?se ... t&mid=3842

Member of Thunderbowl Sports Network
Spike! 2011 - Major Tournament - September 10-11 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Coach of:
Thunderbowl: gollumullog
Fumbbl: gollumullog
gregory_n_white
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gregory_n_white »

Melbourne Bloodbowl League (MBBL) have had a few memorable games including a famous (local) Skaven team who managed a 5-0 win despite suffering 8 casualties (3 kills).

http://melbourne.bloodbowlleague.com/default.asp?p=mm - Other notable matches include 5 deaths (twice) and 12 casualties (twice).

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Saw I think 21 cas back in the era of the 3rd edition (with Claws, razor sharp claws, mighty blow and dirty player stacking ;) ).
Nothing as impressive as the 16 cas mentioned in this thread since LRB 6 though.

W

Fighting signature size creep ;)
Heartsbane
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Heartsbane »

Not quite most cacualties in a match, and also back in the days of 3rd ed, I once saw a player (not coach, player) inflict 3 fatalities on the same opposing player. The darn troll passed it's regen the first two times, but stayed dead the third...

Xac
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xac »

Last wednesday I played a league match: dwarves (me) vs underworld

I did 9 casualties, including Glart Smashrip who was killed....and recieved only one injury, a badly hurt dwarf blocker blitzed by the warpstone troll with claw and block.

I must admit I had 2 blockers with Mighty Blow, 2 more with Mighty Blow and guard and a trollslayer with Mighty Blow, Pile On and Tackle...so goblins seemed popcorn....

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I got 16 Casualties on a 13-man Undead squad back in 3rd Ed days. In LRB6 I've only ever dealt or taken 10 or less, and only taken more than 6 once outside Stunty Leeg. But my NCBB team (the only one I track stuff like this for) has killed three players twice in 31 games, so three kills in one game (on different players) isn't that rare. (They also killed a guy twice: they RIP'ed him on Turn 1, he got Apo'ed, and then the crowd killed him with a rock when he set up again.)

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Fist of Gales
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Fist of Gales »

The Most Casualties in a single game for the Hawkeye Game Club League/Critical Hit Cup League was also 16, 11 for a Chaos Dwarf Team and 5 for the opposing Ogre Team. The most kills in a match in our leagues was 5, 3 for a chaos team and 2 for an ogre team. We do only count casualties that gain the player star player points in these totals.

TL

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

Not a league game...but win one of our local tournaments we had 17 casualties recorded by one team (31 total through 3 rounds). It was Chaos against Necro, with Chaos just letting the other side score so that they could get more hits in.

I believe a 2012 tournament game in Spain produced the same number.