Lizardman development help needed

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Lizardman development help needed

Post by el Superbeasto »

Dr. Von Richten wrote:
el Superbeasto wrote: I get what you are saying, and I'll probably end up following your advice, but my main concern is that he'll hog all the SPPs. He's the only skink with a skill-up, so far.
Then score with your Saurus. Seriously, Skink skillups are more of a liability then an asset, particularly on 'normal' rolls. Run the ball with a Skink (unless you get a Touchback, and on High Kick, try to catch it with a Saurus as well), build a cage/screen near the opponent's endzone in such a way that at least one Saurus is un-reachable, then be prepared to spend 2-3 turns trying to hand the ball off to/pick the ball up with the protected Saurus. Don't try this against teams with Leap.
True, but dice have not been my friends, this season. I've played 1-1, 2-1, and 1-0. In each game, I should have scored at least one goal more but didn't due to sheer dice madness! :blue:

Reason: ''
My sales thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42857
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

el Superbeasto wrote: True, but dice have not been my friends, this season. I've played 1-1, 2-1, and 1-0. In each game, I should have scored at least one goal more but didn't due to sheer dice madness! :blue:
That's just Nuffle telling you you haven't sacrificed enough Wardancers to His Glory! :orc:

dines
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dines »

MA on the skink is the way to go! With blodge already he's quite a capable carrier and you shouldn't focus too much on scoring with the other skinks, it's the sauri that needs the spps. Sauri skills are way more useful than skink ditto, so yeah try to score with the sauri as much as possible.

I don't feel the great need of guard in a liz team, you have plenty of high ST players and skinks are good mobile assists if needed. Tackle and mb would be great against halflings and ogres, but I would personally prefer BT. I know of really good players who can do nicely without but that requires quite some skill...

FUMBBL nick: Metalsvinet
el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

Dr. Von Richten wrote:
el Superbeasto wrote: True, but dice have not been my friends, this season. I've played 1-1, 2-1, and 1-0. In each game, I should have scored at least one goal more but didn't due to sheer dice madness! :blue:
That's just Nuffle telling you you haven't sacrificed enough Wardancers to His Glory! :orc:
No wardancers in our league, but I have sacrificed two skinks, though, by dodging them to their death... :lol:

My sales thread:
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

+MA without a shadow of a doubt on the Skink. The only good skill they get on normals is SS and after that they can take Sprint/SF due to lack of options.

I would take MB on the Saurus, also no-contest. If you find yourself needing BT you just need to play better.

el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

Jimmy Fantastic wrote:+MA without a shadow of a doubt on the Skink. The only good skill they get on normals is SS and after that they can take Sprint/SF due to lack of options.

I would take MB on the Saurus, also no-contest. If you find yourself needing BT you just need to play better.
Thanks for bringing your thoughts to the table as well. As a matter of fact, I haven't had a chance to play since the original post but need to update my roster tonight, and I've actually come to exactly the same conclusion as yours - and with the same arguments. :)

My sales thread: