Amazons v Orcs Inducement help

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

outcast
Veteran
Veteran

Amazons v Orcs Inducement help

Post by outcast »

Hi all

I've not been playing in a BB league for long so not had much experience with large TV differences and, hence, lots of scope with inducements.

My Zons are TV1260 and I'm up against some Orcs who are TV1650 so I'm looking at around 390 pocket money. The orcs are a fairly standard roster (4 Blitzers, 4 BOs but no Troll) and have a liberal spattering of both MB and Tackle (4 of each). My girls have a couple of Linewomen with Block and a couple of players with Guard.

I've never hired Roxana, Willow or Bertha before, have had mixed success with Zara and usually end up sawing myself to pieces with Helmut!

I am going round in circles with combinations of Zara, Helmut, Wizard, babes etc. and I'm wondering whether to just stump up 40k of my own hard-earned cash and get Morg?

Is that a reasonable option or just plain madness??

All advice/ideas welcome! :-)

Reason: ''
"Good work ain't cheap. Cheap work ain't good." - Norman “Sailor Jerry” Collins
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Amazons v Orcs Inducement help

Post by Rolex »

You can't.
If you add cash you increase your TV and decrease your inducements.
You need to add the full price to take Morg.

The Petty cash rule may seem to you hard to understand and/or stupid....
It does because it is.

outcast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by outcast »

Ah, thanks, Rolex - schoolboy error on my part, there!

Since I can't afford Morg then it's back to going round in circles with Zara, Helmut, Wizard, babes etc. :-?

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Roxana is awesome. Babes are very good. Roxana and two Babes, for my dough. Roxana don't care about your cage: get it extended away from the Guards, force a sideline run, Leap, and surf! AG5 Juggernaut Frenzy!

Zara sucks except vs Khemri and Vampires (okay, Ogres and Halflings too), then she's excellent. Helmut is the worst or second-worst saw, depending on your views on Hack. Wizards are okay, but Zons aren't fast enough to love them. Bribes are good, but not as a big 'dog to an armor team. WApos are good… after Babes. An alternative to Babes is a Merc Linewoman. You can give her Dirty Player instead of the second Babe and she acts like a poor woman's Bribe as well. But I like two Babes. If you think about it, the first one is as good as a 5+ save on failed KO rolls, and two is as good as a 3+, which is as good as a 5+ (the first Babe) and a 4+ if that fails.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
outcast
Veteran
Veteran

Post by outcast »

Thanks mattgslater - think I'll give Roxana a run out :-)

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Having played against Roxana in tournaments, I can confirm that she is very good. Her speciality is surfing opponents in conjunction with a cage running down the sideline. A player a turn into the crowd is feasible.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

Bertha and 2 babes for me.

If your opo hasn't any/much guard then Roxanna could be good, but if he's any sense he's gonna keep it tight and use his tackle and MB to plough through the middle with his cage rather than go down the sidelines and risk surfs. Roxanna is also pretty fragile with only dodge and her speed to keep her safe and her dodge will be negated by the tackle.