Dark Elf questions

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Dark Elf questions

Post by swilhelm73 »

My regular season with my DE team is winding down. With one game to go against HE I'm up 4 points in the standing. The HE coach has a game to play...and then he plays me next week - he'll need to win both games to win the division.

My team:
http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.W ... lang=en-US

HE team:

http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.We ... lang=en-US

I managed to get a couple of interesting skill ups to decide on:

6) +MA, Wrestle, Regular Skill
11) Block, Dodge, Regular Skill

I have only one tackle player, so that sounds appealing, and I don't have a kicker so that sounds appealing as well. I could take tackle on #6 and Kick on #11, however then I also have the problem of who to put on the line since #11 generally has in the past and I recently bought a WE (still a rookie).

Presuming I sit the rookie WE on defense, my eleven players to line up to kick are, with my guess as to who gets line duty in bold:

1) BZ: Guard, Dodge
2) BZ: Guard, Dodge, Tackle
3) BZ: Rookie
4) BZ: Guard, +ST, Dodge
5) RU: Block, Dodge, Leader
6) LN: +MA, Wrestle, Regular Skill
7) LN: Wrestle, Dodge
8) LN: DP, -AV
9) LN: Wrestle, Dodge
11) Block, Dodge, Regular Skill
13) Witch: +AG, MB, Block

On a different note I hadn't thought DE would be good at fouling, but in a high TV environment it has been working out. Last match, against Orcs, my DP scored 4 CAS and 2 KOs. What have people generally seen with DE fouling games?

Reason: ''
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Re: Dark Elf questions

Post by mattgslater »

Tackle on #6, maximize his shot to take his man down. Dodge if he lives to star and he's a perfect sweeper. Kick is okay, but you're not in desperate need, so I'd consider Tackle or Side Step on #11.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

Tackle definitely makes sense on #6, but I am less sure of it on #11.

After my game with the HE, looking to the first round of the playoffs the possibilities (in rough probability order) are Khorne 13, HE 12 (the same team), Undead 11, Orcs 10. Basically the teams are currently one point apart so anyone of them could still get the second spot and the Orcs have the tie breaker over the Khorne.

So I do see the value of kick against three of those teams - and especially the Orcs and Khorne who are both around 2300 TV.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Side Step or Kick, then.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.