Bullcentaur development..

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Mhorr
Rookie
Rookie

Bullcentaur development..

Post by Mhorr »

Hi everyone, few match later i have:
a bull centaur with 3AG and Block, now he have skilled again, so i was thinking

1. Sure hands, he's gonna be main carrier
2. Other skill like Mighty blow to contribute bashing more actively.

Problem is I've already got an hob with 4AG and Block with I usually pickup the ball and handoff to the bull which has become a SPP sink, so maybe i could do the same thing using the hob with sure hands, handing off to the 4AG and leaving the bull roaming free ahead the cage ready to receive ...just in case...

Feedbacks ?

Reason: ''
mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Bullcentaur development..

Post by mawph »

If you're already picking it up with another player sure hands sounds a bit redundant as it won't be used on the handoff. You can keep it with another player, if you're worried about strip ball, for safe keeping too.

Break tackle might be a useful skill for an extra +1 for dodging, where required, or something like tackle (depending on number of dodge pieces you play against) for his defensive work.

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

I'd go Sure Hands. Make it easier for him to pick it up on Offense and Defense. You can't always count on a 4AG 7AV Hobgoblin being on the field. It will also let him hold onto the ball if he is hit with Strip Ball.

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

Mighty Blow!!!

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

Depends on your league, if there are any elves jumping around with strip ball, I'd go Sure Hands. ST4 block surehands means a 2d against is only a 1/9 to knock him down (assuming no wrestle or reroll). At those odds, it isn't even worth trying it imo.

If all you'll use SH for is the free reroll, then I don't think its worth it, so MB, guard or frenzy for me.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Mhorr - a tricky question. When I have an AG4 Hobgob I also use him as the primary ball carrier.

However, there is one important consideration: what is the life expectancy of the AG4 Hobgob? He ought to be a primary target for your opponents. Unless you expect him to live a long time, there is an argument for S-Hands on the Bull. Another argument in favour of S-Hands is that 1 pick up is better than 1 pick up and 1 catch. It depends how you like to play your offensive drives.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Pick Sure Hands and make him your ball carrier.

Mhorr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mhorr »

Thank you for the replies guys,
in my league there is only one strip ball on one player of the two wood elf teams out of 24 at the moment, but maybe more will come, who knows..

As to make him my primary ball carrier I do agree with all your arguments; and I find myself relying on him to score more than often, even if i wish i could give hobbs more space and leave him bashing but... it's too tempting ;D
But also, it seems that my bull centaurs or my dwarfs are more targeted than the hobgoblins...maybe because these last ones aren't seen as a threat?

hmm mumble muble..

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Mhorr wrote:Thank you for the replies guys,
in my league there is only one strip ball on one player of the two wood elf teams out of 24 at the moment, but maybe more will come, who knows..
A ST 4 player with Sure Hands is great against Strip Ball WDs.
Mhorr wrote: As to make him my primary ball carrier I do agree with all your arguments; and I find myself relying on him to score more than often, even if i wish i could give hobbs more space and leave him bashing but... it's too tempting ;D
But also, it seems that my bull centaurs or my dwarfs are more targeted than the hobgoblins...maybe because these last ones aren't seen as a threat?
An AG 3 Sure Hands Bull Centaur is a better ball carrier than an AG 4 Hobgoblin because:
- Picking up the ball with AG 3 Sure Hands is more likely than picking up with a 2+ without Sure Hands;
-ST 4 makes him harder to knock down/steal the ball from; he can more easily open gaps to score;
-Sprint and Sure Feet make him faster;
-AV 9 is better than AV 7, if he should fail a gfi or be knocked down he will likely not be stunned.

Mhorr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mhorr »

Sure Hands, so be it. :D

Mhorr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mhorr »

Time to kick the hob with sure hands then.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

You did right. I don't know if you got my PM reply (somehow they don't all go through), but I think SH was a good choice for +AG guy.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.