Double doubles on witch elves

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

Probably a joke to be made there. But yeah, I've got a double skill pending on each of my witch elves.

#1 - AG5, Block
#2 - Wrestle

What to do? I guess the second one can go juggernaut with an eye toward strip ball in the future. It's hard to pass up either leap or tackle/strip ball for the first one, though.

Rest of team
1 blitzer - blodge, SS, MB
1 blitzer - blodge, SS
2 blitzers - blodge
1 runner - useless
6 linemen - one rookie, a few blocks, one guard, one kick, one DP

Reason: ''
Nichren
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Double doubles on witch elves

Post by Nichren »

I'd go leap on #1 and Juggernaut or MightyBlow on the second

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

I'd put MB on both of them. It will help them skill to 31, where the AG5 can take leap on a Normal roll (possibly).

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

#1 takes guard on the doubles because of the AG5. Next skill is leap. Then you use this evil b!+@h to leap into a cage and put a guard on the ball carrier.

#2 takes mighty blow on the doubles followed by tackle on the next skill to become the ball striker.

Now you've got a one two punch that can help pop the ball free.

MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MKL »

On the second one I would go Juggernaut, to negate Fend and for a latter combo with Strip Ball.

On the first, Mighty Blow, followed by whatever you like. Keep in mind that Ag5 is good with Leap, yet with Ag5 you don't need leaping so much :orc:

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Mighty Blow for both, for my gold. Elves winning the numbers game almost always win the scoring game.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

Interesting opinions!

If it's of any interest, my next (playoff) opponents will be lizardmen, almost certainly followed by skaven. I don't believe there's any Fend or Stand Firm on either of those, so Juggernaut would be of little immediate use. On the other hand, if I had to predict my possible third and final opponent, I would go with the same Amazons I faced in last season's championship match, and they have a ton of Sidestep+Fend, almost to the exclusion of all else.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

I'd take Mighty Blow on both, but Leap for the AG 5 WE is a good alternative skill.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Hmmm… I still think Mighty Blow, but with a schedule like that it sucks not having any Tackle.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

You definitely want Mighty Blow. But DO NOT underestimate the overall usefulness of a leaping blodge AG5 guard. Your opponents will hate you...and lets face it, that's what this game is truly about.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Gaixo - your development plan for DEs differs somewhat from mine. But given where you are, I suggest M-Blow on the first WE and Jugs on the second would be appropriate.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

Thanks. I think I might go double Mighty Blow just because I have no guarantee of this team coming back next season. (I am the commissioner, so serve as the odd man for each conference).

How does your development differ from mine Smeborg? Is it in the fairly recent DE development thread?

fanglord13
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fanglord13 »

Guard on AG5 one all the way and MB on the other

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Gaixo wrote:How does your development differ from mine Smeborg? Is it in the fairly recent DE development thread?
I take Wrestle on both Witch Elves, and I take Guard as the first doubles skill on the Blitzers. Otherwise there is not much difference.

By the way, I also find the Runner fairly useless, indeed something of a lliability. I only take one as a Leader caddy in the right environment.

All the best.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

Ah. Yeah, I usually like to have one witch who is a bit more "solid," as they tend to find themselves in circumstances where they end up with the ball.

On the blitzer, I would have normally given him Guard, but thought MB might be better because he already had Tackle (though I now notice I've left Tackle off the list above).