Rookie undead Ghoul rolls double

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Re: Rookie undead Ghoul rolls double

Post by burgun824 »

I don't like the idea of guard on a ghoul. It means you are intending to stand him somewhere where he's going to get hit, which is generally a bad idea for ghouls. I still say ignore for block.

Reason: ''
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

burgun824 wrote:I don't like the idea of guard on a ghoul. It means you are intending to stand him somewhere where he's going to get hit, which is generally a bad idea for ghouls. I still say ignore for block.
No, it means intending to place him where he will assist a team mate's block, which will remove the TZ the Blocked player has on the Ghoul. Not that it will always work out that way, but eh, if he dies, there's plenty more where he came from!

Also, I played Undead for the first time on a tournament this weekend, and they are great! I didn't win the tourney (3 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses, 9th place out of 24), but I really like the 2x S5 MB with no Loner/Bonehead/etc. and all that mv 7 S3 Dodge is pretty pimp too! :D

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

I love playing undead. I'm sure there's an argument for guard and it certainly is likely that i don't care for it based on my style of play. I find ghouls to be so fragile that I rarely carry more than two and I try to develop them into very specific rolls. Guard is for the mummies, wights, and zombies lucky enough to roll doubles. I like to keep my ghouls out of reach so they can do their job. I develop one to ball carry (block, sure hands) and another to ball strike (wrestle, tackle).

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

burgun824 wrote:I love playing undead. I'm sure there's an argument for guard and it certainly is likely that i don't care for it based on my style of play. I find ghouls to be so fragile that I rarely carry more than two and I try to develop them into very specific rolls. Guard is for the mummies, wights, and zombies lucky enough to roll doubles. I like to keep my ghouls out of reach so they can do their job. I develop one to ball carry (block, sure hands) and another to ball strike (wrestle, tackle).
First off, if you play at low TV having 2 Ghouls can work, but at high TV you desperately need speed to score when outnumbered (for example when playing vs Clawpomb-spam teams).
In my opinion 3 Ghouls is the right number, because you can form a half cage near the sidelines, and Guard Ghouls prevent easy 1-die block on your Ghoul ball carrier in the cage, 4 Ghouls are probably too many, though.
You don't have to put a Guard Ghoul in contact every turn, a Guard Ghoul is great when your cage is assaulted.
If your opponent tries to disrupt the cage by pushing one of the corner (thus staying in contact either with your ball carrier Guard Ghoul or another Guard Ghoul) then your ball carrier can assist your cage corner players' blocking in your turn.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

MattDakka wrote:You don't have to put a Guard Ghoul in contact every turn, a Guard Ghoul is great when your cage is assaulted.
If your opponent tries to disrupt the cage by pushing one of the corner (thus staying in contact either with your ball carrier Guard Ghoul or another Guard Ghoul) then your ball carrier can assist your cage corner players' blocking in your turn.
Now this is an argument I could buy into.