Undead desicions

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Undead desicions

Post by MattDakka »

voyagers_uk wrote:I would have suggested jump up on the mummy... Nothing scarier than a bad guy who won't stop coming back for more
If you are playing your Mummy correctly you are not going to use Jump Up a lot, you don't want your ST 5 bad guy lying on the pitch instead of either keeping opponent players stuck in his tackle zones or forming a cage corner, especially if he has Guard.

Reason: ''
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Undead desicions

Post by voyagers_uk »

Oh sorry, didn't realise after 20+years that I play incorrectly, mummy's exist to get in the way, take 2-3 die blocks and break up cages whilst the nippier players find a way to the ball carrier. Movement is the mummies weakness so being able to jump up and keep pace with a cage advancing 1-2 squares per turn is a massive advantage.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

voyagers_uk wrote:Oh sorry, didn't realise after 20+years that I play incorrectly, mummy's exist to get in the way, take 2-3 die blocks and break up cages whilst the nippier players find a way to the ball carrier. Movement is the mummies weakness so being able to jump up and keep pace with a cage advancing 1-2 squares per turn is a massive advantage.
Out of curiosity, what is your Undead win rate?

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Undead desicions

Post by voyagers_uk »

On tabletop I played them for 2 seasons, I had a 23-6-2 record and won the second league season. I had a jump up mummy and he was a menace to my opponents

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

83.87% win rate, very good.
Do you play on FUMMBL as well?

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Undead desicions

Post by voyagers_uk »

No RNGs hate me.

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

I would advocate JU after Dodge.
JU is pretty awesome on slow mens, but I prefer Dodge to keep em on their feet in the first place, especially with SF.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I would be tempted with dodge, I find with teams that feature dodge players (your ghouls), getting dodge on as many players spreads out the threat of tacklers so they can't concentrate on the fragile ghouls.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Yeah, Chris, but how many non-big-guy tacklers will target a dodge mummy over a dodge ghoul?!

*MIGHTY BLOW*

Guess he won't do that again....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Well the idea would be to get dodge on the wights as well...

I have though given up on undead in the OCC. Without their stars they don't seem competitive in the 2nd and 1st division unless you can figure out a strategy that doesn't involve ghouls.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Chris wrote:Well the idea would be to get dodge on the wights as well...

I have though given up on undead in the OCC. Without their stars they don't seem competitive in the 2nd and 1st division unless you can figure out a strategy that doesn't involve ghouls.
Actually, Undead are competitive in CRP at every TV and Ghouls are amazing.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I completely agree, however I should have specified OCC is a cyanide league. So your star selection is curtailed, missing Sinnedbad, Hack Enslash, J Earlice. With a preponderance of bash teams the secret weapons would at least curtail the stalling plays.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Undead are and have always been among the bashiest bash bash that ever did bash. The idea that they're not top-tier is silly. They're gnarly at all TVs, though they do peak out lower than Chaos or Nurgle. Stars schmars. Only Sinnedbad is worth his gold, and even then it's not like he can be central to anybody's strategy.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
crimsonsun
Experienced
Experienced

Post by crimsonsun »

In my experience Tackle, Frenzy and Dodge are the go too doubles after block on a Mummy, if you take Frenzy then Sidestep becomes a fantastic option but without it your better off with Tackle and/or dodge. Dodge is a strange increase for Strength 5 players because I find if alone it does not really effect the amount of knockdowns suffered especially once TV's get up in the 2k range as players wont hit such a player without Tackle, but if you have two + str5 players with blodge opponents do not see tackling both of them as a viable option and will leave them be and then the survival rate shoots up.

Tackle increases the Kill rate you can expect, especially against high TV sides though with MA3 its highly situational. Frenzy is at its best on a Str5 non loner/neg trait player but it will require you to be careful with you placements and the team will need at least 4/5 supporting Guard players to avoid trouble, frenzy here is not about Surfing players but about creating holes in a column, setting up more blocks with pushes or chain pushing a ball carrier out of a cage so it can be targeted, finally when taken with Guard a frenzy mummy will be able to get you assists you would not otherwise be able to if used correctly.

In the OCC though I would go Block, Dodge, Frenzy in order of doubles as tackle is of short supply in tiers 4 or below...crimsonsun

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

I went with Dodge on the Mummy. It's worked well so far :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95