Undead desicions

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Undead desicions

Post by MattDakka »

Chris wrote:I completely agree, however I should have specified OCC is a cyanide league. So your star selection is curtailed, missing Sinnedbad, Hack Enslash, J Earlice. With a preponderance of bash teams the secret weapons would at least curtail the stalling plays.
With a preponderance of bash teams you want:
Babes, Wizard and Igor.
Star Players suck.
Sinnedbad has AV 7, Stab and Pass Block (!), awful set of skills, a block and he's out, not to mention the ejection;
Hack has Chainsaw, Loner, AV 7, bad set of skills, a block and he's out, not to mention the ejection;
J Earlice: No Block, no Sure Hands, AV 7... do you really want to pass the ball to him? 180TV is better spent on Wizard/Babes.

Reason: ''
swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

Hack would be useful, IMO, against high TV bash teams, especially if you can also get a bribe.

But overall there aren't many really useful stars in Cyanide.

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

Not really, saws just get pombed instantly.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Then protect your saw properly.... If Aahz can do it with Gobbos, there is no reason others aren't as clever....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MKL »

About chainsaws, I share JimmyF opinion.
They are really vulnerable, and a POMB magnet.

In my experience gobbos have an easier time protecting their chainsaws because they are more mobile and can throw bodies in the way. Undeads, not so much.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

On top of that, Loner, Chainsaw and AV 7 are a recipe for self-removal.
Goblin Looney has no Loner.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Matt, do you ever play a team for the theme or for fluff reasons as it seems you just play to win and no matter the team you conform to certain Fumbbl truths to achieve the greatest return on your time investment?

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Ofc he does, cos he doesn't play min-max Amazons exclusively.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

ok, it is just I have noticed a certain trend with advice from Fumbbl coaches, the win mentality whilst not a bad thing per se is a little sad to see being pushed. it reminds me of Madden where the advice is to get the best players multiple times and use the pistol playbook because no one really has run D...

this game we love is about more than winning/losing, it is about investing part of your soul in a small group of miniatures that you may or may not have painted but whose names you decide and whose back ground and development you care for. It is about making friends and keeping them whilst trying to emerge from the scrum with a league title. learning which team works for you and works best against your opposition but still brings you joy to line up for kick off. as you roll the dice for the kick off you should be thinking how to send the opposition packing with their tails between their legs for coming to your "House" with such temerity and thinking they could beat your lads/lasses. Not that because they haven't picked certain skills in the correct order they are losers and as such fit to be mocked. I love this game and having played this for more years than not during my life expect others to protect that feeling of friendship the game should engender.

so by all means give advice related to winning, but temper the desire to only discuss that and bring us closer together with the theme behind your decisions and fluff behind your choices. Otherwise you may as well be the BB "Deep Blue"

rant over, thankyou for your time.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Well it is a tactics forum...

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Undead desicions

Post by voyagers_uk »

Yes, and like I said "by all means give advice....theme....fluff" be human

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

voyagers_uk wrote:
so by all means give advice related to winning, but temper the desire to only discuss that and bring us closer together with the theme behind your decisions and fluff behind your choices. Otherwise you may as well be the BB "Deep Blue"
I like fluff (for example I try to name my teams and players accordingly to their race's background) but winning and choosing efficient skills are often not compatible with fluff.
When I give an advice I focus on efficiency, not fluff, because I assume that people want to win when playing and generally have a performing roster.
If people want to mess around with fluff and inefficient skill picks no problem, whatever floats their boat.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

MattDakka wrote: Star Players suck.
Sinnedbad has AV 7, Stab and Pass Block (!), awful set of skills, a block and he's out, not to mention the ejection;
Have to disagree with this, Sinnedbad is situational but has a great set of skills, you missed out block, sidstep, jump up as well as MA6, plus he's only 80K so very useful vs low AV blodgers such as amazons and wood elves that can be a real pain for undead as only your wights can really cope with them (ghouls to some extent but the elves/zons can often hurt them back). The free hits from stab are great and make him super reliable.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Jimmy Fantastic wrote:Not really, saws just get pombed instantly.
If they expose themselves, yes, but if they are used exclusively to foul, and are out of reach of being blitzed, then no.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Smeborg wrote:
Jimmy Fantastic wrote:Not really, saws just get pombed instantly.
If they expose themselves, yes, but if they are used exclusively to foul, and are out of reach of being blitzed, then no.
Exactly... on defense, Aahz creates an effective cage/screen from which he blitzes with the chainsaw... damned annoying....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"