Hack Enslash vs Norse

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Hack Enslash vs Norse

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

I left out the middle ground (both competent) because I have never seen anyone protect a saw successfully.
Good luck protecting a saw vs an opponent of approximately equal skill.

Reason: ''
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

it happens, maybe you can get 3-5 turns if you are competent and so is your opponent. However the very fact that your opponent is going out of his way to blitz the chainsaw means you have already won half the battle. you are deciding who he goes for...

If I am making choices for both teams it won't be long until I win.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

You get one saw attempt(remember 1/6 its a turnover and probably out for the match), maybe 2 if you are competent and so is your opponent.
I don't think paying 120 TV to decide who your opponent blitzes one or two turns is worth it, especially as it leaves you down in players on the pitch a fair amount of the time, nor do I think that this puts you well on the way to victory.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Loki wrote: So for future reference what were your fool proof plans?

EDIT: adding missing word
I should see the OP's roster, but with 150k to spend I guess an Igor (if he has a good player worth to be saved) and a Babe, or 2 Babes.

glesga
Rookie
Rookie

Post by glesga »

Now now. I did listen to the advice and I did realise that he probably wasn't worth the inducement money. I had a hard time deciding and in the end I took Hack Enslash because I thought it would be more fun than buying a reroll and a beer.

I played Blood Bowl once when I was 13 and one of the few memories I have from the game is that my opponent's chainsaw player had to roll to get the thing started, but then killed two of my players. We both thought it was hilarious.

So I probably made a bad decision out of nostalgia, but I don't regret it because I had fun and I enjoyed the game. Also, if I had managed to saw his only tackle player to bits instead of rolling a 1, it would probably have been worth the money too ;)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

glesga wrote:but I don't regret it because I had fun and I enjoyed the game.
Best bit of advice in the whole thread - well said sir.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

The dice will decide much of whether the decision was beneficial or unbeneficial... never throw a One for starts, protect well, and break armor to remove players and the decision was aces and eights... throw a One at the wrong time and the decision was "wrong"....

From your former days of play it sounds like you definitely made the right decision (chainsaws for spits and giggles) no matter the outcome....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"