Hack Enslash vs Norse

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

glesga
Rookie
Rookie

Hack Enslash vs Norse

Post by glesga »

Hi there!

In my local league my Necro team is up against a Norse team. I've got 150 k to spend on inducements. Wizards cost 200 k in our league, so I'm currently deciding if I should
a) get Hack Enslash and beer for 140 k
b) drop a zombie (i've got 13 players, 6 of them zombies, after getting a free zombie in the last game) to get 190 k, which could give me Hack Enslash + a bribe.

I've got very limited experience using this star player, but I'm thinking he could do well against an AV 7 team like Norse? Especially as I'm lacking in block on the team.

How should I best use him? Blitz and then try to keep him safe, or rather go for fouling (fouling has +1 on armour roll in our league).

Is there maybe a better way to spend 140 (or 190) k in inducements?

Thank you very much for your input.

Reason: ''
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Hack Enslash vs Norse

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Bribes cost 100k, not 50 (except for Goblins), so dropping a zombie won't do you any good. Aside from that I'm a fan of Chainsaws and if there's any good matchup for them it's vs AV 7, so I say go for it! Just try to protect him from blitzes and he'll chop up some Norses in no time! :D

glesga
Rookie
Rookie

Post by glesga »

Dr. Von Richten wrote:Bribes cost 100k, not 50 (except for Goblins), so dropping a zombie won't do you any good. Aside from that I'm a fan of Chainsaws and if there's any good matchup for them it's vs AV 7, so I say go for it! Just try to protect him from blitzes and he'll chop up some Norses in no time! :D
Thank you for your opinion! Should I blitz with him or just foul? Should I put him on the front line to block if I can start receiving?
Oh, btw, if Hack Enslash costs 90 k and dropping a zombie gives me 150+40=190 k to play with, doesn't that give me a bribe?

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Hack'n'Slash is 120k in CRP/LRB6

Another option, especially if you are only getting +1 on a chainsaw foul is taking a mercenary zombie with Dirty Player

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
glesga
Rookie
Rookie

Post by glesga »

Loki wrote:Hack'n'Slash is 120k in CRP/LRB6

Another option, especially if you are only getting +1 on a chainsaw foul is taking a mercenary zombie with Dirty Player
Oops. Well, that changes things. Is he still worth it? What else could I get for the money?

Also, I was a bit unclear earlier; _any_ foul gets +1 on armour in our league, so a chainsaw foul should be +4?

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

At 150 I think it's 2x Babes or a bribe or an igor or Hack'n'Slash or a merc including a skill, or some combination of babe + igor/bribe.

If you add the 40k for 1 less zombie you could get J Earlice (180k).

Personally I would take Hack'n'Slash, if you think you can protect him use him for hits, if not keep him protected in the backfield and foul.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

AV 7 + Loner + Chainsaw for 120k is a bad deal, he can be removed easily either by an opponent's block or by a kick back, I wouldn't take him.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Hack Enslash vs Norse

Post by voyagers_uk »

I would, with sensible positioning and judicious blitzing you could remove 2-3 Norse and that is worth your money every day of the week

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

Yeah no saw for me either.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

I would happily drop a zed for hack n beer!

It's a risk management game and you should probably set up protectively to avoid frenzy, so hack n blitz his most important bitz from behind golems and zombies.... If he worries bout the saw, he ignores your other hazards....

ALL inducements were designed at only 33% effectiveness, so use, hope to abuse, and enjoy!

Your opp is bringing spam n cheese, you might as well bring a sharp knife....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
glesga
Rookie
Rookie

Post by glesga »

I kept all zombies and got Hack Enslash. He stunned a Norse lineman in turn 1 and then sawed himself unconscious in turn 2, and that was his game. I opted not to use a reroll due to the loner trait. I still don't think it was a mistake getting him though. We got about the same amount of blocks, but somehow the Norse armour 7 seemed to hold up much better than the Necro armour 8. Was a bit lucky in the end to get a draw.

Thank you everyone for taking your time to write your opinions.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

I told ya.

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

Hehe as did I. The thing about the people saying that Saws are good if you use them well is that it assumes one of two things
1, Your opponent will let you do this because he is an imbecile - you don't need a saw in this case
or
2, You are the best player in the world and can magically protect him - you don't need a saw in this case

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

MattDakka wrote:I told ya.
Jimmy Fantastic wrote:Hehe as did I. The thing about the people saying that Saws are good if you use them well is that it assumes one of two things
1, Your opponent will let you do this because he is an imbecile - you don't need a saw in this case
or
2, You are the best player in the world and can magically protect him - you don't need a saw in this case
Yeah, but didn't help the lad by saying what you would take instead!

So for future reference what were your fool proof plans?

EDIT: adding missing word

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Hack Enslash vs Norse

Post by voyagers_uk »

Also whilst the fumbbl opinion was universal it seems the OP took the star player and doesn't regret it.

The impact on tabletop of having the chainsaw player there " making noise and looking scary" cannot be underestimated.

Also Jimmy I love the lack of a middle ground in your last post

Idiots or legends would seem to fit how the internet sees the masses whereas most TT players are competent which is all you need to be to use a chainsaw guy.

Sorry about your bad luck Glesga maybe next time you will be the hot knife though butter

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P