Should I replace this pestigor?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Should I replace this pestigor

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 22

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Should I replace this pestigor?

Post by swilhelm73 »

Pestigor: +ST, Block, -MV, -AV

The rest of my team (note that I have an armor break and a niggle on a couple of other pestigors)

http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.We ... lang=en-US

I have 5 games left in the season and am 3rd of 6 though it is close. Top 2 go to the playoffs though third place can get a wildcard.

The division is quite bashy with Dw, Dw, Necro, Necro, and killer high TV Chaos.

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Should I replace this pestigor?

Post by lunchmoney »

I voted yes, but would probably hold off replacing until end of season.

The AV 7 only matters if he gets knocked down, and with S4 and Block he is less likely to. However he might soak up SPPs that should go else where. The MA5 isnt a huge thing for this slow team anyway.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Of course you should.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Is a rookie going to replace what this pesti brings to the table... probably not.... Take a long look at the situationals....

Is the bloat of the difference going to help in inducements? i.e., will sacking the pesti and hiring a new replacement gain you something?

Will the next matchup gain from having a faster, better armored pesti?

I would probably retire him at the end of the year....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

I'd keep him around as a strong lino to finish the season. If he doesn't die in glorious battle then retire him honorably.

Kikurasis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kikurasis »

Keep it. My non-claw killer needs a target on your team. This Pestigor is perfect as he is. :lol:

2013 Challenge of Q'ermitt -- Best Team
2013 Lakeside Cup -- Best Team
2013 Chaos Cup -- Best Team
2014 Canadian Open -- Best Team
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

I voted no, but there's a caveat.

I had a wardancer once, Diion Branch (of the Forest Hills Luminaries) that had an AG boost but ST bust. I had about 4 games left in the season plus playoffs which at that point I had pretty much sewn up. I was sure that the right answer was to retire him and then use the four games to boost the rookie wardancer up so they'd be effective in the playoffs. But there's something about a leap on a 2 that was too good to give up. So instead, I poured every effort to get him to the next skill up (51) and then gave him dauntless. He was amazing. Offensively, he could still score just as effectively, defensively he was even better. Eventually someone threw a bounty on him but it didn't matter. I ended up losing in the semifinals (embarrassingly I might add - 5-1), but I think it was the right decision.

There are a few extra factors here.

1. The Big Guy Factor - people see a big guy, they often go out of their way to try to knock them down or at the very least it distracts them from their game plan. They will likely hunt him down for the possibility of casualty SPP. That can give you the opening you need to play a more optimal strategy.
2. A 5 ST blitzer and no really stupid or wild animal. That's really nice to have.
3. Imagine the fluff you get out of this! Grizzled old player who's looking for some last minute glory before he hangs it up for his career.

The other side is you can use the time you have to concentrate on the rookie Pestigor or on another one that is close. And this one takes away from their ability to do so.

I say keep him and roll the dice. :D

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup