What skill to give my star WD?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

mightyg
Rookie
Rookie

What skill to give my star WD?

Post by mightyg »

My wood elves with just 13 matches played has been gifted with a freakish war dancer. So far 61 SPP with a stat line of 10 4 4 7, skills are block, dodge, leap and side step. With the current acquisition of SPP it won't be long before I get to pick a new skill, unless she gets her head kicked in before long. The other war dancer has only got tackle so far, the rest of the team is not very developed. So, what to give this super star if I roll a regular or double skill next? Some say sprint, but apart from easier one turn scores I personally feel that would almost be a waste. She would be a terror with strip ball, but I might be a bit hesitant to do very many 3+ leaps into cages with this one. Am I overlooking an obvious must have skill?

Reason: ''
MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: What skill to give my star WD?

Post by MKL »

How do you employ him?
Does he use that Side-step often?

The most obvious skill would be Tackle, to make him a better blitzer, but I admit I would take Frenzy: with Leap, Side-step, ma10, S4, he would be the terror of the sidelines.

mightyg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mightyg »

MKL wrote:How do you employ him?
Does he use that Side-step often?

The most obvious skill would be Tackle, to make him a better blitzer, but I admit I would take Frenzy: with Leap, Side-step, ma10, S4, he would be the terror of the sidelines.
I have used this war dancer for blitzing and scoring both. I have been trying to avoid to get too much use out of side step, so to speak. Not getting hit if I can avoid it. I have to admit that Frenzy sounds like fun, but it would most likely get me in close contact with the opposition a bit more. Still, an expensive player like this needs to work for the salary and pushing opponents out of bounds is a great way to do just that.

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

Yeah frenzy is really good for him. MA10 and SS is already fantastic for one turning, Sprint would be a massive waste.

mightyg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mightyg »

Jimmy Fantastic wrote:Yeah frenzy is really good for him. MA10 and SS is already fantastic for one turning, Sprint would be a massive waste.
Agreed, sprint is not the way to go. Might go with frenzy then.

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

I'll foul him to retirement :wink:

On a double I would go Juggernaut

Normal skill... I don't know!!!

Sure Feet or Fend

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

Normal: Frenzy

Dubs: MB

mightyg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mightyg »

swilhelm73 wrote:Normal: Frenzy

Dubs: MB
I tend to agree, although I'm not sure I'd even take a double.

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

2 skills left...
if double, i would go with guard. a mobile guard, blodge+sidestep and str4 would be a nightware every single coach

if only simple, it would depend of the skills of your other blitzers.
but frenzy sound great.

crimsonsun
Experienced
Experienced

Post by crimsonsun »

Thing is with guard, he needs to be next to people and honestly I cannot see a player like that being used for marking because he will get killed quickly. He is a blitzer though and though. So MB on a double, unless you take strip ball which in that case would be juggernaut. If your need attacking power then tackle but honestly I think your better with strip ball and Juggernaut.tackle on a normal roll as a leaping strength 4 blodging, Ma10 would be a nightmare sacker.

If you do want him to be a marker then shadowing and tackle is a must have combination....

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

ST 4, Gotta be frenzy.

I've a similarly broken 'dancer (Block, Dodge, Leap, +1 ST, +1 MA, Frenzy, Side Step, +1 AG) and playing with him is just like having the game on easy mode, the APO is saved just for him.

Doubles, I agree with swilhelm and mightyg, I might take MB, but probably not. Side-step has great synergy with frenzy, especially with MA10. That sort of MA opens up surfs in the back field which you are more likely to be adjacent to a side-line and thus susceptible to a surf. Not with side-step...

If you take sprint, you deserve to snake with him on a 1TT falling into the endzone and dying - with side-step, you really shouldn't have any issues stepping the one (or more) steps you need to go into the opo's half.

mightyg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mightyg »

Many interesting suggestions. I have to say that I wouldn't consider guard on a double. Too much contact with the opposition. The same goes for shadowing, although the combination with MA 10 is tempting... The safest option would be good old and boring tackle I suppose. I'm leaning more and more towards frenzy. The combination of strength 4 with movement 10 will most likely catch many opponents off guard just a little bit too close to the sidelines. Juggernaut seems like a solid option for a double on that last, elusive skill at 176 SPP. Which a player with a bulls eye painted on the chest will never see, but might be fun to dream about.

And Aliboon, to leap with that monster on a 2+ must be very satisfying!

Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

And Aliboon, to leap with that monster on a 2+ must be very satisfying!
Yep!

Nothing wrong with Tackle, but somebody did the odds somewhere and I think frenzy was as effective at taking down dodgers.