Hobgoblin safety

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Mhorr
Rookie
Rookie

Hobgoblin safety

Post by Mhorr »

An hobgoblin with already +1MA it's about to pass, and I would like to use him as back field safety, just can't choose between Wrestle and Strip ball.
Both seems good for a reason but isn't SB more likely to happen since there are 2 arrows on the dice...

Reason: ''
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Re: Hobgoblin safety

Post by Digger Goreman »

Mhorr wrote:An hobgoblin with already +1MA it's about to pass, and I would like to use him as back field safety, just can't choose between Wrestle and Strip ball.
Both seems good for a reason but isn't SB more likely to happen since there are 2 arrows on the dice...
Yes, I suppose, but strip ball is negated by sure hands, where wrestle is not....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

+ Wrestle is useful on every block he makes and every block he takes. If you want to build a safety then Wrestle first without a doubt.

Mhorr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mhorr »

Good points, thank you.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

As a follow up to the follow up: if the ball carrier has block (a good ball carrier would), a wrestler can negate the advantage by taking the double down (assuming a two dice blitz), NOT end the turn, and another teammate might have the chance to recover the spilt ball or place a screen or tag opposing players and/or put tackle zones on the ball....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Wrestle is outstanding on an all Hobgoblin team. I have my doubts about it on the Chaos Dwarf team, and now always take Block instead. I use the Bulls (with Break Tackle) to take the blitzes, as they are more likely to be able to get at the opposing ball-carrier.

In isolation, if you want a Hobgoblin "safety", then Wrestle would be the way to go. However, if I had an MA7 Hobgoblin, I would most likely make him into either a Receiver (Block, Fend), or an auxiliary ball-carrier (S-Hands, K-Ret), the latter being ideal for those 2-turn TD attempts.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Mhorr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mhorr »

Smeborg wrote:Wrestle is outstanding on an all Hobgoblin team. I have my doubts about it on the Chaos Dwarf team, and now always take Block instead. I use the Bulls (with Break Tackle) to take the blitzes, as they are more likely to be able to get at the opposing ball-carrier.

In isolation, if you want a Hobgoblin "safety", then Wrestle would be the way to go. However, if I had an MA7 Hobgoblin, I would most likely make him into either a Receiver (Block, Fend), or an auxiliary ball-carrier (S-Hands, K-Ret), the latter being ideal for those 2-turn TD attempts.

Hope that helps.
Too bad i've already got a sure hands hob who skilled again last match :(
Actually this is my development plan for my 4 Hobbs

Attack
Hobgoblin sure hands will get kor/block
Hobgoblin +1Ag/block

Defense
Hobgoblin +1Ma will get Wrestle
Hobgoblin rookie will get kick/block

Need another one for DP...?