Starting 1M Rosters for CRP

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Starting 1M Rosters for CRP

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

I much prefer the clear concise limited version.
I would keep one list as the "optimal" builds with just one or two for each race then make a second post with alternates on with comments so that you can keep the useability but still have a range of builds.

Reason: ''
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Having run the one golem (little big man) and found it to be crap, would suggest ditching it in favor of

5x Zombies; 2x Wights; 2x Golems; 2x Werewolves. 980k. 2 Rerolls.

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sandwich »

Goblins:
2 trolls, pogoer, fanatic, looney, bomber, 7 goblins, 3 rerolls.
Comes in at 900k which should give you 2 bribes against a 1m starting team... probably the strongest league roster.

For tournaments: I was well-served at NAFC (1.1m build) by 2 trolls, chainsaw, fanatic, Fungus the Loon, 9 goblins, 3 rerolls, 3 bribes. Gives you a good base of players, and enough bribes to keep weapons on for a couple of drives.

Ogres:
I like to start my 6-ogre build with 5 snots and an apo... it means you'll be light on players very quickly, but you don't want an ogre dying in game 1 (not that an apo is ever going to stop it...). Journeysnots are as good as normal ones, so you spend money on rerolls until you've got 2 or 3 before bulk-buying a bunch of reserves/replacements in one go...

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
someone2040
Experienced
Experienced

Post by someone2040 »

As an alternative to the Human roster with Ogre:
Ogre, 4 Blitzers, Thrower, 5 Linemen, 3 Re-Rolls, 30k Treasury

Basically minus one catcher, add back the Linemen with a bit more treasury.

That's the roster I started off with. I feel a single catcher is too much of a target (and is just going to be bullied by anyone who has tackle). The entire team is now strength 3 and armour 8 (or above in the case of the Ogre).

Just some food for thought. I suppose the single catcher though does give you a slightly faster option than the Blitzers when you need to score/assist.

--SoMeoNe2040--
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

+1 to that human roster.
Humans are quite capable of playing without catchers. Develop the base, sprinkle catchers to taste later when you can protect them and reliably throw them a ball. Or hold that ball until you can shoot that gap you created.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Humans
4 Blitzers, 7 Linemen, 3 Re-Rolls: 860k, leaves 14 points.
Thrower/Catcher: 2
RR/reserve/Apo: 5
Ogre: 9

So… Ogre, 4 Blitzers, 7 Linemen, 3 Re-Rolls? I've run that on tabletop but not on FUMBBL.

See, I think what this thread is boiling down to is:
a) Take all or almost all the key position players that you KNOW you want.
b) Try to get 3 re-rolls, but settle for 2 if you have to. Some teams can have 4 re-rolls, like Vampires, Slann, and rookie Chaos Pact.
c) Don't leave much cash on the table unless you're planning on picking inducements, with a "cheap" team race.
d) Generally stay away from silly/risky positionals like Minotaurs and Assassins.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

someone2040 wrote:As an alternative to the Human roster with Ogre:
Ogre, 4 Blitzers, Thrower, 5 Linemen, 3 Re-Rolls, 30k Treasury

Basically minus one catcher, add back the Linemen with a bit more treasury.

That's the roster I started off with. I feel a single catcher is too much of a target (and is just going to be bullied by anyone who has tackle). The entire team is now strength 3 and armour 8 (or above in the case of the Ogre).

Just some food for thought. I suppose the single catcher though does give you a slightly faster option than the Blitzers when you need to score/assist.
A single Catcher on the Human team also gives you a viable one-turn-score option (I'm not saying I necessarily recommend the starting roster, though).

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Well I'd field a thrower (or 2) on that human team, of course. Also ran it on TT, worked okay.

Catchers were added later, when some players did have skills and the catcher(s) could be protected.

I am not saying it may be the preferred roster for a real beginner, but it IS a playable option. Just like the 'no line orcs, just goblins' orc roster. :)

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Would be nice to have this stickied? Finding it very useful!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Merrick
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Merrick »

sann0638 wrote:Would be nice to have this stickied? Finding it very useful!
Agreed.

Good resource to check back to.

kk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kk »

Any reason why this is not stickied? This kind of basic information should be easy to find.

Also I'd sticky this thread about starting skills... at least until someone makes a new CRP version. There aren't probably that many changes though:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=24557

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Sandwich wrote:Goblins:
2 trolls, pogoer, fanatic, looney, bomber, 7 goblins, 3 rerolls.
Comes in at 900k which should give you 2 bribes against a 1m starting team... probably the strongest league roster.
My favorite Goblin 1000k lineup is:
2 trolls, fantatic (aka Ball&Chain), loony (aka Chainsaw), 11 goblins, 3 rerolls.
Comes in at 950k. That should get you a bribe in your first game. You could spend that 50k on an apothecary, but I think the bribe and extra cash will serve you better until you have someone worth saving.

I think Goblins need a lot of reserves (the players are weak and will be KO/Cas, and should be fouling so some will get caught). Having three weapons is too many, even with bribes that's three players who you know are going to be gone for much of the game. The bomber is the weak link so he's out.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"