Inducements for Orcs vs nurgle

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Chris
Legend
Legend

Inducements for Orcs vs nurgle

Post by Chris »

So the orcs are a black orc down (shame as he has 4 skills), tv 1910 (the babe and coach were for the last match and are gone now), 12 players (one a goblin).
http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.We ... lang=en-US

The Nurgle team (13 players), tv 2250, has the obligatory 7 skill killer, 2 other warriors with claw and an ag 4 ball handler. Last time we played he killed 4 players in the first three turns and did most of the injures you see on my team and the game didn't go well.
http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.We ... lang=en-US

So, 340 TV to spend.

Merc black orc? Wizard? Riper? Varag (he died turn 1 last time!)? Merc dirty player? Load up on babes and apoth?

Reason: ''
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Re: Inducements for Orcs vs nurgle

Post by Smeborg »

Nurgle really, really hate Wizards, so I recommend you start your inducements with one.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

So wizard, merc bloack orc and a babe? For 310?

Or BO, dirty player, apoth to try and stave off some of those injuries?

MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MKL »

It's an uphill battle.

Wizard is the only thing I know that can help you, a shame you can only have one.
Merc BOB is reasonable, and I would be tempted to give him block and skip on the Budweiser: a S4 without block is an easy target for such an opponent.
Alternatively, Merc bob with Guard, to try to actively outbash him (again, not easy)

I'm skeptic about dirty players, especially against such an opponent: it's not easy to have an isolated opponent to surround and foul with good odds.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Well, there is always opportunistic foul on the pile on killer. Better than nothing?...

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

U have to take a wiz and probs have to try to guardlock him so guard merc bob + wiz.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

So choice is wiz plus 190 worth of stuff (is a babe better than Guard?).
Or extra bodies to try and survive a fight and get lucky? (BO, DP, Apoth)

MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MKL »

Chris wrote:So choice is wiz plus 190 worth of stuff (is a babe better than Guard?).
Or extra bodies to try and survive a fight and get lucky? (BO, DP, Apoth)
Of you want to win, it's Wizard. I think here a Babe is inferior to Guard or Block: Orcs and Nurgle are for slow drives, shut-out maybe. Not many chances to roll that "3" on the ko roll

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

It didn't go well - had to kick and turn 1 nurgle got the induced black orc BH, skilled black orc -1 AV, 2 KO's, turn 2 another cas, turn 4 another (pretty much his blitz each turn would injure a player), his fouler did 6 fouls over the game, breaking armour and either cas'ing or ko'ing each time, killing the level 7 blitzer and -1 mV the other level 7 blitzer. Despite all this stopped him scoring first half and failed 4 5+ throw rolls to win the game in the second half (2 turns of the thrower fumbling with 1's and 2's a pass to the catch goblin waiting in range of the end zone, no nurgle anywhere near, out of range of the disturbing presence - eventually his incompentence was rewarded with two beastmen who made it down to him and scored for nurgle).

MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MKL »

:( playing in 7 since turn 1 you had been damn good to stop him from scoring.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Well, I think he got carried away killing me, diverted his players once he was home dry to beat me up more and stalled on turn 7, allowing me to lightning bolt the lone pestigor, and with no back-up he couldn't score turn 8. Was more upset about the poor throw - I recognise 5+ with a re-roll isn't ideal, but two turns of trying to get nothing in a game where all the other dice weren't friendly either :(