help guys gaming chick need help

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

jill32hturner
Rookie
Rookie

help guys gaming chick need help

Post by jill32hturner »

Hi guys.
Can you help me im starting to play bb. I have no idea a good team to learn. I have played vampires wow very hard team but fun.i have a chaos team and khermi as well.

Reason: ''
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: help guys gaming chick need help

Post by spubbbba »

Hi there.

Vampires are one of the hardest teams to use well and certainly not a good choice for beginners. Sadly both Khemri and Chaos can be tough for newbies too, though with Chaos they do get strong once they have a few skills.

I'd say the easiest 2 teams to learn with are undead and orcs. Humans a High Elves can be decent choices if you favour the passing game. If those 3 teams are your only options then Chaos is my suggestion, go for 4 warriors, 7 beastmen and 2 re-rolls. Save the rest of the cash for an apoth.

You might want to see if you can get Chaos Edition from Cyanide cheaply on Steam as that would allow you to try out lots of teams and you can play against the computer to learn the mechanics. Their AI is rubbish however.

There's also FUmbbl which is free and has all 24 races plus their own, but you have to play against humans, some of who are very good and others who seek out newbies to pick on. They do have some great intro leagues designed to help new people.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

I just started playing online again after a few years and have struggled to get any where. So I've gone with a team I've never played before, Orcs. Orcs are great if a little slow but they have all the skills and can bash which I love. Only thing I'm struggling with now is finding teams who want to play me haha.

I think Humans are a great team to start with too, but then I never played Orcs before. Orcs are more forgiving I'd say.

frogboy

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
jill32hturner
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jill32hturner »

Thank you guys means a lot

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

At low TV the most winning teams tend to be dwarves, amazons, chaos dwarves, and perhaps orcs.

Orcs or dwarves are probably the easiest to play.

If you want to try and AG team at low TV I would suggest DE - but don't start with any of the AV7 players.

At high TV I think all of the elves, chaos, chaos dwarves, and vampires tend to be the best teams.

DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

If I were learning to play again, I would pick up Humans and Orcs off the start. The BB game on steam isn't bad for learning how figures move, but only very basics. https://fumbbl.com/ is a better place to learn, though it is quite a steep curve. If there is a Blood Bowl group in your city/town I would recommend trying to get games in with a league

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

Oh, if you are looking for an active online league we are starting up signups for our rookie league here:

http://www.gobbln.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=429

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

swilhelm73 wrote:Oh, if you are looking for an active online league we are starting up signups for our rookie league here:

Is this the Cyanide version, just pick it up in the steam sale.... :wink:

(sorry for the hi-jack)

jill32hturner
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jill32hturner »

Thank you everyone nice to see people still help noobs. Went into games workshop to see if they would help me with bb all they done was tell me not to play it. And buy warhammer fantasy

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Ah, good old GW...

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

At a Games Workshop earlier...

"Blood bowl eh ? Well how about some Space Marines instead, they've got power armour ! Look at these blue ones, don't they look cool ! look into my eyes, my eyes, look in to my eyes... Space Marines buy Space Marines you want them don't you how about a flying tank ! :o

Peow Peow DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA !"

:lol:

Haha only joking, but seriously though have you got everything you need today, how about paint, glue, brushes. Have you seen the new White Dwarf, OMG ! It's so amaze!!! No you will have to buy it because of the plastic cellophane wrapping.

I kid I kid I joke I joke :orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

glowworm wrote:
swilhelm73 wrote:Oh, if you are looking for an active online league we are starting up signups for our rookie league here:

Is this the Cyanide version, just pick it up in the steam sale.... :wink:

(sorry for the hi-jack)
Yes we are a cyanide league. Looking at the current sign ups for the rookie league we currently have 15 coaches so we are certainly looking for at least one more. :)

jill32hturner
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jill32hturner »

Frogboy thats more or less it. I wanted undead team and he was showing me nagash. I said im sure he wont fit on the pitch. So got my own back showed him cleavage and then i could leave very quickly

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

jill32hturner wrote:Frogboy thats more or less it. I wanted undead team and he was showing me nagash. I said im sure he wont fit on the pitch. So got my own back showed him cleavage and then i could leave very quickly
You went into a GW and expected any respect for something they produced but doesn't make as much money as Space Marines? That's so sweet! :lol: And unfortunately, totally naive; GW doesn't give a f*ck about anything other than making money. Which is their right as a company, but a sad thing nonetheless. :(

Anyway, welcome to the forum and to Blood Bowl; how did you get to know our qaint little coner of nerdiness? :wink:

I agree with some others that Orcs and Undead are the easiest to learn the (bashing) game with, and I'd say Skaven and Wood Elfs are the best to learn with if you want to do Agility play, though both require a lack of attachment to your players, as they will die sooner or later!

I also think that, while you can play perfectly well on FUMMBL or Cyanide, there's really no substitute for tabletop play, so if you're anywhere near civilisation, I'd say check around (on this forum or elsewhere) to see if there's a league near where you live.

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

Though the advantage of online is you will get to play many, many more games then you can of table top. :)

Our league has a teamspeak server so while you aren't there with your friends will playing physically, you can still talk with them.