All Skink Team

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

birdbath
Rookie
Rookie

All Skink Team

Post by birdbath »

Hi all, I have been thinking about starting a team for a while which is completely awful and you never know might win one or two games in its lifetime.

I was going to go for Zombies but then I thought SKINKS!

This is my starting lineup:

11 Skinks 660
Kroxigor 140
3 RR 180

Do you think this could win games?

Thanks in advance,
BB

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: All Skink Team

Post by Darkson »

Will definitely win (or at least have a good chance of winning) against other Stunty teams. And can win games against regular teams, especially if coached well.
Some tournament organisers won't allow this team in their Stunty Cups because it's "better" than other Stunty teams.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sandwich »

Awful teams?? I have a few suggestions :-)

15 hobgoblins, 4 rerolls, comes in at 880k - if you're playing in a league, that will get you a bribe for game 1 easily. And possibly enough game 2 or 3 for Nobbla (who is 130k). You could consider dropping to 14 hobgobs and get a 5th reroll though that pushes the TV up to 910k so you won't get any good inducements against other starting teams.
** Fun fact: I've done better with this team than with regular chaos dwarves...

I almost started a team of goblins without the trolls, just take all the small players you can. But I never got as far as playing them (not enough time).

For other ideas: just take some of the non-optimal players from other rosters (such as dark elf assassins, deathrollers, etc) and build a team around them.

As for all-skinks... they will do very well against stunty teams (too well, as Darkson says). You probably want more than 12 players though, but you can't drop those 3 rerolls, but dropping the krox for extra skinks is probably asking for trouble :-?

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

I took that roster to a tournament a couple of years ago - ended up 2/2/2

3-0 vs Vamps
1-1 vs Dwarves
4-1 vs Skaven
2-3 vs Norse
1-2 vs D Elf
2-2 vs Norse

I took all 5 'Stunties' Ogre, Halfling, Skinks, Goblins and Underworld Goblins in 5 consecutative tournaments. I wouldn't have said they are particuarliy overpowered compared to all the other Stunties BUT they can benifit from from increased cash available as the Skinks are so expensive compared to other Stunties. What gives me pause is that I would say Skinks are better than Flings and possibly Goblins and when you see the rsults some coaches can get out of them (*Cough*Itchen*Cough*) I dread to thinbk what a good coach could do with Skinks.

EDIT: Thinking about it, I probably had Hemlock in there somewhere

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

birdbath wrote: 11 Skinks 660
Kroxigor 140
3 RR 180
That's not an all Skink team.... ;)

It is a Stunty Cup legal team for most tourneys, but as Darkson says, some feel it is too good vs the traditional Stunty teams.

It can certainly hold it's own in resurection tourney format, especially in the hands of a top coach. But as this is the League Advice board I assume this will be for league play. And I think you will suffer from injury and will be playing with loners and low skilled players whilst the rest of your league revels in the SPPs you give them.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

an all skink team with a krox received a trophy at Spike! last year, yes it was the wooden spoon

birdbath
Rookie
Rookie

Post by birdbath »

I will be looking into Hemlock later on as I have a model to use.

I want to have more skinks but I think i need some big guy to ward off other big guys.
lunchmoney wrote:That's not an all Skink team.... ;)
Sorry boss...

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

lunchmoney wrote:I assume this will be for league play. And I think you will suffer from injury and will be playing with loners and low skilled players whilst the rest of your league revels in the SPPs you give them.
So much like other stunty teams then (maybe minus the Loner bit). ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Darkson wrote:
lunchmoney wrote:I assume this will be for league play. And I think you will suffer from injury and will be playing with loners and low skilled players whilst the rest of your league revels in the SPPs you give them.
So much like other stunty teams then (maybe minus the Loner bit). ;)
Yep :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Sandwich wrote:Awful teams?? I have a few suggestions :-)

15 hobgoblins, 4 rerolls, comes in at 880k - if you're playing in a league, that will get you a bribe for game 1 easily. And possibly enough game 2 or 3 for Nobbla (who is 130k). You could consider dropping to 14 hobgobs and get a 5th reroll though that pushes the TV up to 910k so you won't get any good inducements against other starting teams.
** Fun fact: I've done better with this team than with regular chaos dwarves...
I have twice taken an all-Hobgoblin team (15 Hobgobs, 4RR, Apoth), and did much better than expected with them. I decided they were Hobgoblin racial supremacists and thus the only star they could take was Rashnak.

Another "fun" team I tried was an Orc team with no Troll and no Black Orcs - this worked surprisingly well too. 4 Blitzers, 2 Throwers, 4 Lineorcs and 4 Goblins. Quite resourceful.

Anyway, have fun whatever you do.

Smeborg the Fleshless
lerchey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lerchey »

A few years back, in LRB 5 there was a team in our league named "The Useless Gits". All Goblins. NO special players or secret weapons. Just goblins. They got slaughtered regularly.

I tried a truly All Skink team electronically a year or so ago. While fun in concept, they were REALLY hard to do well with, even with their speed and dodge. And as stunties go, they're not that cheap, which makes replacing them more difficult. Still, they were odd-ball enough that I'm going to build a TT team of them. :)

Chris
Legend
Legend

All Skink Team

Post by Chris »

Surely the hobgoblins should be allowed a troll? :)

Always though this would be a fun team
0-16 40k hobgoblins
0-4 50k Sneaky Gitz (hobgoblins with sneaky git)
0-4 70k Backstabbers (hobgoblins with stab and agility access)
0-1 Troll