The most common mistake that most coaches make...

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Glowworm

Re: The most common mistake that most coaches make...

Post by Glowworm »

outcast wrote:Great post!

I played a guy on fumble recently who not only spent the entire game cursing the dice but then suggested that I was getting more favourable results because I am a fumbbl supporter! Lol

I never suggested that!! :oops:

You get more favourable dice because your not me...... :D

Reason: ''
TexturedSun
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TexturedSun »

Fully agree with most, if not all, of what has been said here.

I, too, am a relatively 'green' coach - only been playing a couple of years and in that time I have played approx 25-30 tabletop games and around double that on the computer in whatever format (cyanide, fumbbl etc).

Sometimes you do just have a poor break and fall foul of the 'elf disease' of rolling a lot of 1's - it just happens. I used to rage a lot about it until recently when I started playing as Vampires - knowing that a 1 is pretty much going to happen each turn and cause havoc makes you prepare your other players before moving the vamps and getting those 1's for blood lust or dodges etc.

Still, though, you can't blame someone for raging if they do actually get repeated skulls or repeated 1's.

El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

TexturedSun wrote:Still, though, you can't blame someone for raging if they do actually get repeated skulls or repeated 1's.
That's very true, as long it is my opponent who is doing the raging.
I have learned from experienced coaches to laugh off the failure of your player in executing your play.
By this you can get rid of the bad emotion, through projecting it on the player, which is the representative of luck.

I feel rage will cloud my mind with 'tunnel-vision' and I like my mind as open to see new angles to attack my opponent's position.