Orc purchase schedule

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Sword of Solkan
Experienced
Experienced

Orc purchase schedule

Post by Sword of Solkan »

Hi chaps,

Just wondered what your purchase schedule is when you coach an orc team?

I was thinking of starting with the classic lineup of 4 black orcs, 4 blitzers, 2 lineman a thrower and 3 rerolls. I might then buy an apothcary, save towards a troll and then either buy a goblin (for TTM) or an extra lineman.

Reason: ''
The Audacity of Hop [Slann] - 3/1/1 (W/L/D)
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: Orc purchase schedule

Post by spubbbba »

I'd pretty much go with this, though a 3rd lineorc might go after the apoth if your league is bashy or you like fouling and find yourself under-strength in the 2nd half often. But the troll is one of the cheapest big guys so doesn't take long to save up for if your team is healthy.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Apo, then buy replacements for all the Black Orcs that died when you didn't yet have an apo! :lol:

gregory_n_white
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gregory_n_white »

I normally start with 2 throwers - with their limited movement and lower AV I want the extra surehands on the pitch in case I / opponent drops the ball and I want a backup if one gets KO'd / injured.

I normally start with a Goblin as well - their dodge can be invaluable in low TV circumstances for extra movement and getting assists, when opponents dont have much tackle. Gobs also draw a lot of attention and get blitzed a lot which means opponents are sometimes making mistakes chasing "cheap" SPP. Im always surprised how resilient goblins are until opponents get tackle & MB.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I don't think there's one right way to do Orcs. Rather, there are several.

For me, it's Apoth, Lino, and in a developed format* another Lino or a Troll, in that order. If you love Trolls (and I used to, so I can respect that), then the order is Apoth, Troll, and maybe a Lino in a developed environment.

* like if you're entering an existing perpetual league, with high TV and lots of damage-dealers.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.