Skills for wardancers??

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Re: Skills for wardancers??

Post by Heff »

While on the one hand you can never have enough guard...not in this case. MB to give you some chance at player removal. SB all the other. And get leap on that catcher with guard. Steal the ball and hand off to him, WDs are SPP hogs, I took one of mine from rookie to 58SPPs in 10 games. This was a mistake as nobody else got anything.

Reason: ''
Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

Strip ball, but the question is what to give the one with a double.

MB and guard seems like good choices, but I was thinking about juggernaut, in which case I might give the other WD tackle first and stip ball to the juggernaut WD.
That way, you could get the ball lose quite easily, except when the player has sure hands.

El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

I never considered juggernaut on a WD as they lack frenzy. But there is nothing wrong with your combo with SB. It does remove the need of having wrestle on one of the WD.
Still I like MB better as it helps in the numbers game and it gives more SPP and combines really good with tackle.
Now if you see some SF in your opponents' rosters I would give juggs a try.

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

SB & MB. MB is ace on a WD.

mrb3
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mrb3 »

First Wardancer is Strip Ball.

Definitely Mighty Blow on the doubled Wardancer. I personally like to follow-up with Frenzy (poor man's Tacle) and Side Step to open up the sidelines and add some surfing opportunities... but that'll depend on your playstyle. Always pick what you know you will use and not necessarily what is advised as an unused skill is a waste.

Don't forget to always protect your Wardancers behind a screen (particularly the doubled one since he is less generic) as they have the movement to do guerilla-blitz (out to punch then hide again). There must always be a good reason to let them standing in the open (example: a good chance on the ball, a last minute effort for the win, etc).

---
KSGL Commissioner - La Kasse Gueule, ligue de blood bowl de la Ville de Québec
http://www.bloodbowl.ca
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Strip and MB, just to pile awn. 'Cause you (almost) always pile awn, yo.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.