Frenzigor Skillup

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

What skill should I take?

Dodge
20%
SS
7%
JU
13%
+MA
33%
MB (ignore doubles)
13%
Other (please list)
13%

Total votes: 15

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Frenzigor Skillup

Post by swilhelm73 »

I have a block, frenzy pestigor on my Nurgle team that just rolled 5+5...so many choices!

My other Pestigors are:

Ball Carrier: +St, Block, Dodge, Tackle
Killer: Block, MB, Tackle, Claw, PO, -AV
Utility: Block, Tackle.

My team

http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.We ... lang=en-US

and my division: HE, Orcs, Khemri, Underworld, Goblins

Things that seems like they might make sense:

Dodge: Harder to take down, and with frenzy he might get himself in dangerous positions
SS: Frenzy+SS is FUN!!!! near the sidelines, but SF is almost as good and doesn't require a doubles
JU: Stacks ok with frenzy, could put him on the road to being a second killer
+MA: Allow him to get to more places and having a move 7 piece could make 2 turn touchdown attempts easier.
MB: Stacks well with Frenzy, means I'm ignoring the doubles though

Reason: ''
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Frenzigor Skillup

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

MB then Claw then PO. Anything else and he will be suboptimal for too long.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

No simple answer, I suspect.

Dodge would be the most consistent with your team development.

+MA would be the most consistent for this player.

Usually I start with the doubles choices on a 5,5. So see how you get on from there.

Smeborg the Fleshless
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

SS isn't really worth it as you can get Stand firm next normal skill.
JU is good if you want PO later and dodge helps make him more mobile and harder to knock down.

I personally think the going from highest MA6 to 7 is very nice as it makes the 2 turn TD easier and the extra MA extends his range for blitzing. People may forget the MA and allow you a shot on the ball carrier or other key player. Also stat increases are cooler than doubles IMO.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

With you taking Frenzy so soon, I suspect his role is to crowd surf and make the sidelines dangerous? If that is the case, I'd take...

Juggernaut.

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
crimsonsun
Experienced
Experienced

Post by crimsonsun »

SunDevil wrote:With you taking Frenzy so soon, I suspect his role is to crowd surf and make the sidelines dangerous? If that is the case, I'd take...

Juggernaut.
+1 To this. Though if you wanted to make use of the double then Sidestep followed by Juggernaut.

As a side note with a niggle are you not worried about your ball carrier being taken out? Also I'm surprised you've got literally no ball handling skills on your roster, a Elf side built to play aggressive defence will be all kinds of trouble if you can't cage up on the turn the ball is delivered.

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

crimsonsun wrote:
SunDevil wrote:With you taking Frenzy so soon, I suspect his role is to crowd surf and make the sidelines dangerous? If that is the case, I'd take...

Juggernaut.
+1 To this. Though if you wanted to make use of the double then Sidestep followed by Juggernaut.

As a side note with a niggle are you not worried about your ball carrier being taken out? Also I'm surprised you've got literally no ball handling skills on your roster, a Elf side built to play aggressive defence will be all kinds of trouble if you can't cage up on the turn the ball is delivered.
I'm not sure how much wrestle, SF, or fend there is in my division, but I'll take a look.

As for no ball handling skills, I'm playing nurgle. :D Pass, catch, etc don't make much sense.

I tend consider taking SH on my +ST ball carrier, but there is no strip ball in my division (there might not be any in the league), and I had a dire need for tackle. As a general rule I prefer skills there are generally useful - like tackle - over limited use like SH.

I've also been hoping to get +AG on a pest or rotter and then I would give that player SH. Interestingly in the 50+ games I've played that has never happened...

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

swilhelm73 wrote:I'm not sure how much wrestle, SF, or fend there is in my division, but I'll take a look.
That is just icing on the Juggernaut cake and not what it is for in your case. Your Frenzigor blitzes in and turns blocks into pushes, thus letting him Frenzy again and hopefully push players out into the crowd. The Juggernaut is solely to make Frenzy work all the time (on blitzes) and crowd-surf opponents.

Unless you are not crowd-surfing with him but I can't imagine why else to take Frenzy so early. Good luck!

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!