Witch Elf 5-5 first skill up

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Re: Witch Elf 5-5 first skill up

Post by Smeborg »

Agreed that Witches are the easiest players to skill up on the DE team.

Reason: ''
Smeborg the Fleshless
RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

Mighty Blow is a good call because not even Bashers will only field AV9.

Yet, I have to say that I have had loads of fun with a Juggernaut/Wrestle-Witch - certainly a nice toy and finally no hastle with double bothdown results anymore.

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Juggs and block (and her other skills) would give you something different - however would you rather skill a blitzer up with frenzy, juggs and dodge?

El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

I used to be all for Juggernaut on the Which as it maximizes the surf potential but I feel it is a little to situational.

No I have the luck to sport a MB Frenzy WD on my WE and she is a star player. She net's about 2 KO's a game and helps out the whole team by it.

Sure you would blitz a lot with the WE but it only works to cancel Stand Firm, Fend and Wrestle. So if you like Block, that I would go Juggernaut.
I prefer Wrestle as it combo's well with Jump Up so I would go for MB as it combines well with Frenzy.

I'm not 100% convinced by always taking MA over AV as I feel the difference between AV7 and 8 is huge. I don't know if the difference between MA7 and 8 is as important but with Frenzy I do appreciate the extra movement to get back to safety after the follow-up moves from the blitz block(s).

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

El_Jairo wrote:Sure you would blitz a lot with the WE but it only works to cancel Stand Firm, Fend and Wrestle.
It also works to convert a "both" down into a "push". This greatly improves surfing and helps to get more blocks on the ball carrier (or to push the ball carrier to somewhere he does not want to be).

All the best.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Docmarc
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Docmarc »

Mighty uber blow :pissed:

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

I play two witches different.

First is the hitting one: Block as main skill. Them make her more rentless.

Second is the tactical one: Wrestle, Strip Ball, etc to menace the ball carrier.

I would take the Mighty Blow option, and then give the witch the ball and score (she has Dodge, indeed) like crazy with this model until I get Block ;)

She would concentrate the Blitz action of your team, and MB would make the Blitz more effective.

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Follow us also in Facebook...
El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

I want to come back on my choice, it would definitely be Mighty Blow, followed by Block.
The thing with Juggernaut is that it does make you more efficient at pushing on a block but to make the crowd-push, you also need a little help from your opponent. If they stay out of the wide-zones, you shouldn't be able to surf them at all.

I'm also missing how many TRR your team currently has. And I would say that you have got the Witch Elf just a little too soon as you want to have 2+ Blodge Blitzers to protect her.