Orcs vs Dwarves

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Sword of Solkan
Experienced
Experienced

Orcs vs Dwarves

Post by Sword of Solkan »

Hi chaps,

My orcs are going up against a dwarf team tomorrow. Any advice you can give for the match?

Guess I've got two big decisions:

(1) One of my Black Orcs died last game - do I replace it? I'm currently 90k ahead of the dwarves, so this would give him enough for a Wizard. On the other hand, having that 12th player would be nice.
(2) A couple of my Blitzers got Guard last game - how do you use them to best advantage?

In terms of line-ups. I've got 4 Blitzers (one with SMB, one with Dodge, one with Guard and one with Dodge and Guard), 3 Black Orcs, 3 Lineorcs and a Thrower (with Block).

He's got 2 Blitzers (one of which is a freak Dwelf with AG4), a Troll Slayer, 2 Runners (one has Block) and 6 Blockers.

My team are probably best on paper, but I'm going up against a vastly more experienced coach.

Reason: ''
The Audacity of Hop [Slann] - 3/1/1 (W/L/D)
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Re: Orcs vs Dwarves

Post by Digger Goreman »

The blitzers and runners are his ball handlers and taking them out, if possible, would be good.... You are a little faster than him, might you be able to stall his cage by setting up in depth (forcing him to blitz to move at all) and giving ground very gradually...? On offense, pull him to one side and, if he over commits, pass to the other side? Wish you had a troll and gobbos to throw... makes a cage suffer when pelted with green skins....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I'd probably buy that BOB. I think you might need a bit of a bench, even with AV 9.

Watch his blitzers and runners, try to isolate the slayer. And try to isolate/remove at least 1 runner.

If you cage, make sure you give him a hard time breaking it. But Dwarfs like it 'face to face', so try to engage in your favour (i.e. isolate, overwhelm, move on). Easier said than done, but you have a slight movement advantage over him.

Try to find some Orcs vs Dwarf games on the internet, perhaps youtube? Or fumbble? Maybe you can learn from their mistakes.

Best thing to do is have fun, and try to kill/serious injure a dwarf. If all else fails, make that your goal. Most games vs Dwarves are... hard/boring/enter a Heff tirade. :)

Sword of Solkan
Experienced
Experienced

Cheers, guys.

It turned out to be a fairly uneventful match – neither side managed a single SPP all game.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Sword of Solkan wrote:Cheers, guys.

It turned out to be a fairly uneventful match – neither side managed a single SPP all game.
So a standard boring dwarf game.
Mind you you got a compliment off of Paul so you are ahead of me :D

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Yeah, those games happen. Most of the time there's a dwarf or 2 involved though :lol:

Good thing: he didnt slaughter you, and you 'outplayed' the more experienced coach. Well done! :)

MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MKL »

Well, congratz for keeping at bay the more experienced coach...

...and out of curiosity, what is "SMB" on your first blitzer?
Strength+Mighty Blow?
In terms of line-ups. I've got 4 Blitzers (one with SMB...)

Sword of Solkan
Experienced
Experienced

Thanks! I always play for a win, but the draw was a better result than I was expecting.
MKL wrote:...and out of curiosity, what is "SMB" on your first blitzer?
Strength+Mighty Blow?
That should read Mighty Blow.

MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MKL »

Sword of Solkan wrote:Thanks! I always play for a win, but the draw was a better result than I was expecting.
MKL wrote:...and out of curiosity, what is "SMB" on your first blitzer?
Strength+Mighty Blow?
That should read Mighty Blow.
Well, being Orcs, it could be "Supa Mighta Blow" or sometihing like this :D