Minotaur with Claw

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Sword of Solkan
Experienced
Experienced

Minotaur with Claw

Post by Sword of Solkan »

Hi chaps,

My Orcs are playing a Chaos team next week. The opposing player I’m most worried about is a Claw/MB Minotaur.

I’d normally just feed it a Lineorc – but with Claw that doesn’t seem such a smart move.

The alternative might be beating it into hamburger and then fouling it off the pitch. One of my Blitzers now has Strength 4, so he’d only need 2 assists for a 2D Block (which would have a 75% chance of taking it down, but only a 6% chance of taking it off the pitch).

How would you deal with it?

Reason: ''
The Audacity of Hop [Slann] - 3/1/1 (W/L/D)
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Minotaur with Claw

Post by lunchmoney »

Block it in the teeth, then repeatedly foul it in the orbs with a goblin.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Post by adhansa »

When appropiate feed him the lineman then put a player you want t retaliate with directly behind the lineman, thet way he has to follow up into the tacklezone, even with the second block.

Otherwise, never place players one and one, make sure that if the mino blitzes, the first block puts him into a tackle zone.
Block/blitz, gang up and foul at first opportunity.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Sword of Solkan wrote:How would you deal with it?
Knock it over whenever you get a good chance (and when positionally safe to do so).

If you cannot knock it over, strand it (do not mark it) and play so that your opponent has to take a blitz with a player other than the Minotard.

Mark it only when absolutely necessary.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Sword of Solkan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sword of Solkan »

Cheers, guys - that all sounds suitably Orky.

Looking forward to showing that uppity bovine that its place is at the bottom of the food chain (chargrilled, with caramaeised onions and a side of fries).

The Audacity of Hop [Slann] - 3/1/1 (W/L/D)
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

blocking him 2 dice against but with YOUR player having block is something to consider. I'd rather not do it as a first action though, but you have a reasonable chance to knock him over.
After that: it's up to you, but AV8 isnt that good if you are laying on the field..! :)

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

JaM wrote:blocking him 2 dice against but with YOUR player having block is something to consider. I'd rather not do it as a first action though, but you have a reasonable chance to knock him over.
After that: it's up to you, but AV8 isnt that good if you are laying on the field..! :)
Reasonable chance?
Even with Block you will fall over 11/36 and only knock down the Mino 9/36. So it is more likely your own player will fall over than the Mino.
Of course if you only need a push then that is more likely (16/36), but if you need to knock the Mino down, I wouldn’t recommend it.
If you are doing this, do it last, and have a back up player near by for when you fall over :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

lunchmoney wrote:
JaM wrote:blocking him 2 dice against but with YOUR player having block is something to consider. I'd rather not do it as a first action though, but you have a reasonable chance to knock him over.
Reasonable chance?
Even with Block you will fall over 11/36 and only knock down the Mino 9/36. So it is more likely your own player will fall over than the Mino.
Of course if you only need a push then that is more likely (16/36), but if you need to knock the Mino down, I wouldn’t recommend it.
If you are doing this, do it last, and have a back up player near by for when you fall over :)
Yes, not too shabby right? It's something to consider anyway.
I'd hate to plan a whole turn around it though (me knocking the mino down with 2d against). :lol: