2x6 Rat Ogre

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

fusionbn
Rookie
Rookie

2x6 Rat Ogre

Post by fusionbn »

Hey Guys!
I need an advice.
My Ogre has actually juggernaut. Now I'm not sure what I should give him now. +st , block or claws?

I think claws would be the best choice. But I already have an Blitzer with claws an MB. And he works really good.

I'm in the Half final of our league and my next opponent plays really ugly dwarfs.
In the post season he beats me 3:1. I'm new to this game.

What are your suggestions?

Best regards!

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Claw, for me. He'll be a monster!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Docmarc
Rookie
Rookie

Re: 2x6 Rat Ogre

Post by Docmarc »

+1 Str, three dice blocks are easier to obtain, and you'll have an edge on other big guys who would normally beat you :D

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

Claw and then PO next, kill all mens!

El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

I also find this a tough call.

Typically you would go for Block first, as it increases the survivability of the Rat Ogre, as it only sits on AV8 and no Thick Skull.
This would for sure help vs Dwarfs to keep him on his feet.
ST6 also has that benefit to a lesser extent as it will be more difficult to get 1 die or 2 dice block against him and having 3 dice blocks yourself will increase the chance to knock over any opponents.

All that being said, claw really carves through dwarfs all by itself, let alone paired with MB and PO!

So I would say much depends on what kind of grudge you hold against those dwarfs: if you want to return some hurt to them, go Claw. If you had you Rat Ogre multiple times downed by the Troll Slayers, than ST6 will make dauntless work less frequent and block will help vs all dwarfs to keep on your feet on defence and on regular blocks.

Keep in mind that +ST comes with more TV on this player, who isn't that much more reliable because of it, but than again, it can be handy to dodge into cages, if you have the stomach to do that with a Loner.

My personal preference would be Block, as the Rat Ogre has a hefty price-tag and is one of the least durable Big Guys in the Blood Bowl universe (on par with Yhetee aka Snow Troll).
I would totally get it to go for Claw, as it will vastly improve his progression and help out the team to keep numbers on the field even.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Get Claws, you need it vs AV 9.

fusionbn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fusionbn »

Thanks go your advice Guys. I have to think about it with some beer at the weekend :-)
All of his dwarfs have guard so it will be difficult that he stands at the end of his turn when he is standing in the middle of his cage surrounded by his dwarfs.

I think I should play him as safety with claws.

At the attachment there is my roster without the spp from my last game.
I know some skills are really stupid and I only have off. GR :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

go with str, is absolutely ridiculous

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

I would be inclined to go with +ST. The player has Jugs and Horns already; if you give him +ST then he blitzes at ST7. With B-Tackle in the future, he dodges into a standard cage at 3+, a nasty threat. And ST6 is better IMO than Block when it comes to defending himself (he will rarely be blocked).

+ST re-inforces what he already has. Re-inforcing strength is usually better (and more fun) than trying to remedy a weakness.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

Smeborg wrote:I would be inclined to go with +ST. The player has Jugs and Horns already
You're thinking of a mino. This is a rat ogre.

I'd go with claw, because of the possible carnage and your opponent will fear him, which you can use to your advantage.

El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

Looking at your roster, I see that you have 15 players, do you need as many reserves? Because I would think that you want to keep your roster as lean as possible, but I'm not a real skaven coach, so I could be wrong about this.

The more I think about it: give the Rat Ogre Claw and hope for the best. Being able to keep the numbers on the pitch more-or-less even is very crucial van a skaven team. Just hope for another double to give him block and he will be a star player.

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

El_Jairo wrote:Looking at your roster, I see that you have 15 players, do you need as many reserves? Because I would think that you want to keep your roster as lean as possible, but I'm not a real skaven coach, so I could be wrong about this.
You are.
The One-Turner must NEVER enter the pitch exept when you want to.
And playing with less then 14 in league with skaven is counterproductive anyway.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Rolex wrote:
El_Jairo wrote:Looking at your roster, I see that you have 15 players, do you need as many reserves? Because I would think that you want to keep your roster as lean as possible, but I'm not a real skaven coach, so I could be wrong about this.
You are.
The One-Turner must NEVER enter the pitch exept when you want to.
And playing with less then 14 in league with skaven is counterproductive anyway.
Last Skaven team I ran had 16 inc 2 dedicated foulers. Won more than it lost :)

As for the OP, if I were facing tin cans (dwarfs) next I would have taken Claw.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Your fan factor is 0?

What is the TV of the Dwarf team?