Dwarf playbook..?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Dwarf playbook..?

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Heff wrote:Dwarf playbook? one word

DON'T

Two words,

Just DON'T

Three words

Get a Life!

Four words,

Play something Less BORING!

Five words,

Please play something less BORING

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on I was never going to let this pass!
As ever when it comes to Dwarfs in Blood Bowl, Heff speaks Truth and Wisdom! :)

Reason: ''
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Heff wrote: Linos go Guard, Mighty Blow (Jimmy F, who is always right, says you can have Fend too)
If you play in a Clawpomb-heavy environment go Fend, otherwise Stand Firm is better than Fend for superior positioning.
Heff wrote:Blitzers go Guard, Mighty, Blow, Tackle
After Mighty Blow take Piling on, then Tackle, then Stand Firm/Fend.
Heff wrote:Runners go Block (rest doesn't matter but I would go utility, Kick Off return, Leader, Kick)
Tackle can be handy on Runners as safeties, MA 6 is better to stop fast catchers.
Heff wrote:Ginger Twats go Mighty Blow Pile On Guard (by which time they will probably be dead)
Mighty Blow, Pile On, Tackle, Juggernaut in my opinion: you don't want to have problems vs blodgers (Frenzy can be problematic), Guard is not very useful on a player who will spend most of time lying on the pitch, while AV 8 is not good if he's standing to use Guard. Juggernaut is useful to generate more knock downs and to counter Wrestle, Stand Firm and Fend (thus allowing to pile on).
Heff wrote:Couple of re-rolls 12 man team and you are done.
At high TV vs Clawpomb teams 12 players are not enough, consider to have a roster of 13-14.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

MattDakka wrote:
Heff wrote: Linos go Guard, Mighty Blow (Jimmy F, who is always right, says you can have Fend too)
If you play in a Clawpomb-heavy environment go Fend, otherwise Stand Firm is better than Fend for superior positioning.
Heff wrote:Blitzers go Guard, Mighty, Blow, Tackle
After Mighty Blow take Piling on, then Tackle, then Stand Firm/Fend.
Heff wrote:Runners go Block (rest doesn't matter but I would go utility, Kick Off return, Leader, Kick)
Tackle can be handy on Runners as safeties, MA 6 is better to stop fast catchers.
Heff wrote:Ginger Twats go Mighty Blow Pile On Guard (by which time they will probably be dead)
Mighty Blow, Pile On, Tackle, Juggernaut in my opinion: you don't want to have problems vs blodgers (Frenzy can be problematic), Guard is not very useful on a player who will spend most of time lying on the pitch, while AV 8 is not good if he's standing to use Guard. Juggernaut is useful to generate more knock downs and to counter Wrestle, Stand Firm and Fend (thus allowing to pile on).
Heff wrote:Couple of re-rolls 12 man team and you are done.
At high TV vs Clawpomb teams 12 players are not enough, consider to have a roster of 13-14.
See I would keep blitzers on their feet and blitz with the GTs (Should I ever hate myself enough to play dwarves at all). Hence no PO on the blitzers. Stand firm I like but TBH unless you are going to play a team in MM for a millennia (Such as happens in Box on Fumbbl) you aint gonna get to three skills on a lino. GTs and Tackle, you are right, Jugs is marginal but is a good late pick. Tackle on a runner, true but really this is where I would put the utility team skills you need.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

I like Juggs after POMB for Slayers, they get good value from it really. SF or Fend is fine. I tend to skip MB on the Blitzers and just go Guard SF/Fend. PO Blitzers and Blockers are fine too.
12 Players is pretty much all you need as if you are playing a high TV Chaos team you should get inducements and get extra apos/mercs.

Here is a link for a pretty optimal team, though a couple of POMB Blockers have died recently making it not so good (and I had to play vs quite a lot of cpomb so I took more Fend than I would like).
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=770867

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

But all of this is a variation on the true path, Guard MB. SF, Jugs PO are just Icing. As I said in another thread

"Occasionally people will tell you of the "exciting" ways they develop their team, they are doing it WRONG. Boring boring grind is the only way to go. The eight turn drive is king, never ever rush, watch your position. People will say you play dwarves to show that under your caring exterior you just want to be a c&nt, they are wrong true dwarf players play the team to put their c&ntishness into sharp relief. People will hate you, you do not care.

Played my first last and only tourney with them at the weekend. one boring win, two stunningly boring draws and 3 losses, one to Chaos who just got the cas needed, one v nurgle who got a blitz, and one v gobbos, who's laser guided bombs compounded the slew of double skulls I threw. I had two emotions, bored when they were behaving or frustrated when they weren't. Never again."

Heff 13/10/14

And yes Dwarves suck all the fun out of any game of Bloodbowl, THAT is why I hate them, That is why dwarf players decision to play them offends me. You want to bore yourself playing them..fine but it drags me into your masochistic little world when I have to play you.

If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Heff wrote:And yes Dwarves suck all the fun out of any game of Bloodbowl.
Clawpomb teams do really suck the fun out of any Blood Bowl game, and they can destroy the Dwarf teams.
Dwarfs are slow and don't clawpomb you to oblivion.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

MattDakka wrote:
Clawpomb teams do really suck the fun out of any Blood Bowl game, and they can destroy the Dwarf teams.
Simple answer is don't play any team more than 20-30 games. Also to get a really good clawpom player you need to put a heap of spps down 31 if you don't put block in first for a chaos team. There is that twonk on fumbble with the 6 chorf clawpombers but that takes c&ntyness to a whole new level. TBH dwarf cnts playing clawpom cnts in a cntoff? as far as I am concerned they deserve each other. The game is not designed for perpetual play which is why I play short leagues and tourneys and pretty much avoid ranked (pickers paradise) and box like the plague.

Happy to be moderated for this post but really I think the poetry of it has a value all its own.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Heff wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
Simple answer is don't play any team more than 20-30 games.
Well some people like to play their teams for more than 20-30 games, it's one of the best features of Blood Bowl for me. Moreover, if it's true that BB is not designed for perpetual league, it's true as well BB is not balanced in the 20-30 games range either, some teams suck at low TV, others are awesome.