Lizard Levels

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

darkrock76
Rookie
Rookie

Lizard Levels

Post by darkrock76 »

Hey all, first season of a perpetual league, about to head into the playoffs against humans

Krox - ( 6 + 6 )
Saurus 1: Break Tackle
Saurus 2: Block
Saurus 3: Block
Saurus 4: (Normal roll)
Saurus 5: nothing
Saurus 6: nothing
Skink 1: side step, (6 + 4)
Skink 2: diving tackle
Skink 3: nothing
Skink 4: nothing

A tiny part of me wants to just take block on the Krox, but I dont see how I can pass up on STR. Thinking Tackle on the Saurus because I don't have any yet, and then torn on MV or AV on the skink, since they get targeted so much.

Rest of the league: Human, Chaos Dwarf, Dwarf, Skaven, Orc, High Elf, Norse

Reason: ''
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: Lizard Levels

Post by spubbbba »

ST6 is very nice on the Krox and it's tough to turn that down. You've still got a 1 in 6 chance to get doubles for future skills and take block so I'd recommend the ST.

For the saurus it depends on how many dodgers you are likely to face in the human team and future playoff games. If they have a lot of catchers (doubles and took dodge) and winning means you'll be facing the elves or skaven then it might be worth it. Otherwise leave it for 2nd skill after block as tackle won't be much use against most of the teams you'll be playing. Block is probably the best if boring choice, especially if you only have a couple of re-rolls.

+AV is rarely worth it and an AV8 stunty player isn't that great. MA9 is wonderful, you can make him the main ball carrier. Plus with sidestep you have an even better chance of doing a 1 turn touchdown.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

Block, Block, MA. I actually like Tackle first skill on one Saurus in MM, but realistically you should be crushing normal teams without it. MA + SS makes for relatively easy one turn tds.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

I'd take the St, with break tackle unless he constantly marked no cage is safe....

darkrock76
Rookie
Rookie

Post by darkrock76 »

Thanks for the help, I'm going STR, Block, MV

Gimli
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Gimli »

I know it's a bit late, but I always take Block instead of +1ST with a Big Guy. Even with ST6 still looking usually at a 1 in 9 chance of getting double skulls/both down, whereas with Block you are looking at 1 in 36. This makes it a lot safer to use the Big Guy earlier in your turn, which can be game changing. I took Block on my Mino on my Chaos team and shudder to think how many double Both Down turnovers I avoided because of that choice.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Gimli wrote:I know it's a bit late, but I always take Block instead of +1ST with a Big Guy. Even with ST6 still looking usually at a 1 in 9 chance of getting double skulls/both down, whereas with Block you are looking at 1 in 36. This makes it a lot safer to use the Big Guy earlier in your turn, which can be game changing. I took Block on my Mino on my Chaos team and shudder to think how many double Both Down turnovers I avoided because of that choice.
With ST6, you are a lot more likely to be taking 3 die blocks, which without Block is a 1 in 27 chance of a turnover. Still not quite as safe as Block, but obvs there are other benefits as well - you are much less likely to be getting hit in return, and probably synergy with existing skills (Stand Firm? Your target's not going anywhere unless he dodges away from PT. Break Tackle? No cage is safe).

I guess it comes down to your league environment, and how much you care about TV.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

I'm with Rolo. With high ST and high MV around the team (with krox and 6 sauri) you should be able to manufacture a lot of 3D blocks. ST6 on the krox just makes that much easier.
That and as glowworm states, it also gives you the added fun with Break Tackle coming next.

I'd see it as much more cut and dried to go with ST for a lizzie krox than most other big guys (except maybe those who take Mutations on a normal roll).

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Kroxes are best used not as a blocker, but as a roadblock. As in: I'm standing here with my S5 Prehensile Tail, what are you gonna do about it? S6 (& Stand Firm) makes them even better in that role, so I'd take it, even moreso because it's the 1st skillup and he has lots of chances to roll doubles later.