Any hope at all?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

DeathGlam
Rookie
Rookie

Any hope at all?

Post by DeathGlam »

Hi guys, got a game on Thursday night in my local leagues cup, straight knock out, im playing Ogres and Snotlings(will be my 5th game with them) against a rookie Orc team.

Im an Ogre down as one is MNG, so my entire team is 3 Ogres, one unskilled, one with Guard and one with Break Tackle plus 8 Snotlings all unskilled.

My opponents team is 11 Orcs, so no fun Goblins and Troll for me to compete against.

My league does allow cards to be hand picked for inducements but with only 50k for me to spend, i cant see any of the cheap cards being a game changer for me.

So do i have any hope? :(

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Any hope at all?

Post by Darkson »

There's always hope - it's a dice game and you might get lots of 6s/Pows and your opponent lots of 1s/skulls.
It will be hard though.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Never hope with Ogres. Just do your best and be happy when they manage a win. :wink:

Be sure to try and do as much damage as possible. Throw some snots for TDs.

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

May i ask how many re-rolls you have to only be getting 50k inducements with that roster? Cause I suspect it's too many.

DeathGlam
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeathGlam »

4 Re-rolls, i have purchased an Apothecary too, which was money well spent as it saved the MNG Ogre who also has Break Tackle from Death.

Sadly i hoped by my 5th game i might have had enough to buy that 5th Ogre but i have rolled 3 or lower on all my winnings rolls so far, im already playing Stunty, why do the dice gods punish me so. :cry:

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Shouldn't be running a 11 (12) player roster with snotlings, you need the bench.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
DeathGlam
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeathGlam »

Lol not been my choice, my opponents habits of killing them have prevented me getting a deeper bench, 4 dead Snotlings in 4 games combined with the low winnings rolls have stopped me stocking up on Snotlings.

I do love my Ogres and Snotlings though, so much fun, so far not a terrible record either, win over Chaos, draw with a High Elf team and two losses against Norse & the same Chaos team that i had beaten previously.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Snots are easy to kill. Despite being cheap, I imagine they're difficult to replace if you're not getting the gold to go with it.

BTW...Itchen Masack ...just now got it. :lol:

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

50,000 gives you a reserve Snotling, better than nothing.

I would say you have too many Re-rolls, if you are willing to drop one, that would give you a 13th player, quite a difference.

Orcs too can be put in the dugout, especially by your Ogres.

Try to stay out of contact, especially the Snots.

You have chances to win, be positive, try carrying the ball with an Ogre.

All the best - let us know how you get on.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Trampoline trap, distract, or rowdy fans....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
DeathGlam
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeathGlam »

I may have possibly lucked out, a fellow coach is currently on forced rest after a small operation, already going stir crazy so has challenged my Ogres to take on his Goblins tomorrow, i have offered my Thursday cup opponent the decision on if he minds me playing the game but considering how well natured our local league playerbase is, he will most likely say no he does not mind, especially as i am only playing Ogres anyway. :wink:

This may not turn out to be such a lifeline though, as myself and the Goblin coach do have a bit of a joke bitter rivalry going, so may not be able to resist bashing each others teams to bits, i could end up with a different or even two Ogres out for the Cup game versus the Orcs.

Im rolling the dice. :D

I could go the safety first route and spend the 200k inducements i will get against the goblins on 2 Wandering Apothecaries, so i have one per Ogre, although that could be tempting fate, just asking to be punished.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Drop a RR, then you could take 270,000 in inducements, say a Merc Ogre and two Journey-Snots. A much better team.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless