troll slayer 1st skill up-

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

dirt mcgirt
Rookie
Rookie

troll slayer 1st skill up-

Post by dirt mcgirt »

I play bb online- I rolled a 10 on skill up. I'm able to pick a skill, +1 armor or +1 movement. just looking for advice. was thinking skill like mighty blow or guard or maybe +1 armor. any thoughts?

Reason: ''
stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: troll slayer 1st skill up-

Post by stashman »

+AV

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

What sort of online league? Is it s random matchmaking one where you expect the team to get pretty big? In which case you will soon encounter hordes of claw making the av useless.

Move is a though, but not for the first skill. For a trollslayer mighty blow, even on a double is probably the best way to go for the first skill - *unless* you want to try and give dodge to everyone, in which case anytime a player gets a double, give them dodge.

Another option is sidestep to make crowd surfing easier.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Mighty Blow.

El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

Side-Step has advantages over Stand Firm for widezone action.

On the other hand MA helps also reaching the widezone to execute an surf Blitz. You still can get Stand Firm on a normal.

I do understand that MB gets him to skill up faster but you won't be able to roll another stat increase. I'm not a dwarf coach but I would reckon that any speed increase is golden on such a slow team.

BTW, the OP said he rolled 10, not double 5 so a double might not even be an option.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

If you will be doing most of your blitzing with that guy and are considering taking Piling on later then the +MA is worth considering.

Increasing his hitting range is very nice and you can take MB next skill. I'd not bother with guard on him until later as you'll have plenty of that on other players.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Is the '10' result a 5 + 5 (i.e. a double) or a 6 + 4?

If it's not a double; Mighty Blow for sure.

If it is a double, then ignoring it and taking Mighty Blow is still a good idea, if you don't want that, Dodge, Side Step or Jump up (to combo with Piling on later) might work.

+AV is practically never worth it (and certainly isn't here), and +MA might have been nice on a 3rd, 4th or 5th skillup, but not now.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Disclaimer: my opinion of all things dwarf is well known :puke: . The rest of this post to be taken in this vein.

Do not try to be interesting, dwarves are dull, embrace it. Ginger t*ats job is to knock things over and then jump on them. AV is a waste of a skill slot early, MV has a place (speed kills) but puts what you want to get Mightly Blow, Pile On, further away.

As I said elsewhere I will not play this team because I prefer my self abuse to have a better pay off. That being said I see no reason to move away from

MB,PO,Tackle,SF,Jugs (For blitzing) last skill is whatever you like but frankly if you are still playing dwarves when one of these reaches legend then you need professional help.

I probably wouldn't even take a plus strength cos they have dauntless.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Short-term league (or team): Ignore it and take the MB.

Long-term league (or team): Take the MA, you can get MB next.

Short-term you need to get the damage down now. Long-term, the extra square on the blitz (or even just basic movement) will come in handy.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

+MA would pay off once he was at 51 spps as long as he doesn't roll a double. Worth it?
I would skip for MB. Then take PO & Juggs and hope for a double for JU.