Skilling a +ag beastman

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Chris
Legend
Legend

Skilling a +ag beastman

Post by Chris »

So, standard nasty chaos team, 4 tough 4 skill chaos warriors, no stats or doubles, couple of killer beastmen, some replacements and this chap.

After the last ball carrier died (extra arms, 2 heads, etc) a beastman with block and mighty blow was given sure hands to deal with the ball. Then he got +ag. Now he is due another skill. Standard choice, no double. Currently he retrieves the ball, maybe passes it, runs with it or hands it off.

So, how to skill up? Be more defensive with fend? People are normally blitzing him to get to him. Foul appearance as an off chance? Disturbing presence to mess up people trying to retrieve and throw the ball away? Thick skull because he just seems unlucky? KoR isn't needed because he is move 6. So is it just two heads to try last gasp plays?

And assuming he lives that long, what would the next skill be?

Reason: ''
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Skilling a +ag beastman

Post by mzukerman »

I'd consider Big Hand and Two Heads. He's obviously mixing it up, so he knocks someone's head off with block/mighty blow, picks the ball up in traffic and dodges away with ease.

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

As your ball carrier I hope people aren't getting many hits on him on offense?

And on defense I presume he is a safety?

Anyway I'd probably consider one of the following more or less in order:

Fend: Makes him harder to pin down as ball carrier or safety, and gives slightly better positioning for you if the ball is spilled when he is knocked down.

Stand Firm: Also gives you better positioning control. Works for both ball carrier or safety.

Tackle: Makes him a better safety and stacks with MB - ignore if you already have 3 or 4.

Guard: When someone breaks your cage this makes it easier for the rest of the team to clear them out. Doesn't mesh well with the safety role though.

Big Hand: Always picks up on a 2+ with an RR!!! You'll rarely use the skill though it will be a big deal when you do.

Kick: He is already probably lined up deep on defense though it doesn't stack with his other skills

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Either Two Heads (to boost further his dodging potential) or Tackle (to get rid of annoying blodge sidesteppers).

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

Yep, either Tackle or Two Heads.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

My initial reaction is: S-Arm followed by KoR. To get you those 2-turn scores with reliability.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
juck101
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by juck101 »

Yeah two heads for me. Tackle is better with his MB depending on how many others you have, this is also a great pick

...the pope said to his aid...
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Due to a recent couple of deaths got tackle. I guess two heads next.

Gimli
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Gimli »

If he is your designated ball carrier, I'd lean to Fend. If you want to make a safety who can double as a ball carrier, Tackle. If he's AG+1 Two Heads seems a bit of overkill.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Gimli wrote:If he is your designated ball carrier, I'd lean to Fend. If you want to make a safety who can double as a ball carrier, Tackle. If he's AG+1 Two Heads seems a bit of overkill.
AG 4 + Two Heads is useful for dodging into multiple tackle zones, you can go past a player marking you with 2+ rolls, blitzing into a cage with a 4+ and so on.
It's not so overkill nor so situational.