Tips on Lizardmen

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

HarleyQuinn
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Tips on Lizardmen

Post by HarleyQuinn »

Thanks everyone, I think I'll go with the 7 big lizards and 2 rerolls to start. I suppose I'll just have to put up with the saurus causing turnovers and save the rerolls for pickups to start with.

How do you like to play them on offense? Is it best to cage and move slowly down the pitch like the orcs or is it better to try to keep a long line and use that to push the opposition back?

Reason: ''
Toffer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Toffer »

caging is good but you don't need to move slowly. often a cage just over the line of scrimmage will allow a skink to reach the end zone the following turn (providing the cage doesn't fall to pieces). He is MA8 after all and he has dodge and stunty.

Another way to score is to use elf tactics and get several skinks in the opposition half and hand off to one of them to score. forces your opponent to spread out to mark players as they can only blitz one of them. Not always reliable but is pretty good against slower moving teams.

Gimli
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Gimli »

Two TRR and no APO to start seems a bit risky., especially with a 140 player. Team could crater quite quickly. I usually start with 6 Saurus (480), 5 skinks (320), 3 TRR (180) and then hope to get APO after game 1. Most I can lose to an untimely death is 80, not 140. Extra TRR will make a huge difference early on.

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Get all the Big Lizards. Skinks are of limited value, and you want maximum chances for the MVP on a Big one. 2 RR, 20k leftover, so good chance of Apo after 1st match, then 3rd Reroll, then 1 or max 2 Skinks.

Skill the Big Lizards; Skinks have very bad skill options. I prefer to carry with a Skink over trying to pick up with a Saurus; form a cage/screen near the opponents endzone, then spend up to 3 turns trying to get the ball on a Saurus.