orc starter team

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

dirt mcgirt
Rookie
Rookie

orc starter team

Post by dirt mcgirt »

4 x black orc
4 x blitzer
3 x lineman
1 x thrower
2 x reroll
0 apoth
1 x cheerleader
1 x assist coach

I played my 1st match using this team in an online game. played a wood elf team. the game ended w/ opponent logging out or internet crash. either way, I won 100k after game. basically, my question. Should I wait to get another 10k for troll, or take 2 more lineman? Or put that money into apoth, cheerleading and coaching? Only one game w/ this team. Too many decisions.

Reason: ''
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Re: orc starter team

Post by MattDakka »

dirt mcgirt wrote:4 x black orc
4 x blitzer
3 x lineman
1 x thrower
2 x reroll
0 apoth
1 x cheerleader
1 x assist coach

I played my 1st match using this team in an online game. played a wood elf team. the game ended w/ opponent logging out or internet crash. either way, I won 100k after game. basically, my question. Should I wait to get another 10k for troll, or take 2 more lineman? Or put that money into apoth, cheerleading and coaching? Only one game w/ this team. Too many decisions.
Hi, the answer is simple: buy the Apothecary, fire the Cheerleader and the Assistant Coach because they are not TV-efficient and don't buy them again.
Since you are playing at very low TV and all your players but the Thrower have AV 9 you don't need more reserves for now, I suggest you to develop your players before buying a Troll, because adding him would increase your TV making your next matches harder to play (for example you could find a team with some Block, Dodge players and you would have no Tackle to deal with them).
Get some core skills on your players first.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Buy the Apoth. I'd keep the assistant coach and cheerleader, but don't buy more. Save up for a 3rd re-roll then don't buy anything else.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Generally speaking bash teams are quite fine with 2 rrs because they rely on 2 dice actions, i.e. they tend to throw 2 dice blocks most of time.
If you feel the need of the 3rd reroll you can take Leader on your Thrower, this will reduce your TV by 40 compared to 3 rrs (2 rrs + Leader = TV 140 while 3 rrs = TV 180).
Also, if your Thrower has not yet MA 6 at 31 SPPs fire him and buy another one hoping he will get +MA.
MA 6 is the minimum MA required for ball carriers.

dirt mcgirt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dirt mcgirt »

I never realy thought about TV. Apoth acquired

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

dirt mcgirt wrote:I never realy thought about TV. Apoth acquired
Well done. :D

dirt mcgirt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dirt mcgirt »

I managed to get another game setup, against a lizard team. 4 turns in the lizard team internet dicsonnects. Got another 90k and bought a 120k re-roll. But gained no skills/points for team. I would like to learn an orc team but have managed like 8 turns doing so.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

dirt mcgirt wrote:I managed to get another game setup, against a lizard team. 4 turns in the lizard team internet dicsonnects. Got another 90k and bought a 120k re-roll. But gained no skills/points for team. I would like to learn an orc team but have managed like 8 turns doing so.
Welcome to Cyanide BB, where leavers, abusers and disconnecters rule!
You should try FUMBBL, bad 2d graphics but way better gameplay and people don't quit games on a whim.

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

Or, if you want to stick with Cyanide, join a league. You might have more success at finishing games in the Forum Open League for example.

dirt mcgirt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dirt mcgirt »

my team after 4 games. 3 by the way the opponent abandoned.

4 x black orc - 1 has block
4 x blitzer - 1 has block and tackle
3 x lineman - 1 has block
1 x thrower - 1 MA, pass and sure hands
now 3 x reroll
1 X apoth
1 x cheerleader
1 x assist coach

TV now 1230 and 210k in treasury.
---------------
earlier post said to wait on troll. I feel the same way based on increase of TV.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

dirt mcgirt wrote:my team after 4 games. 3 by the way the opponent abandoned.

4 x black orc - 1 has block
4 x blitzer - 1 has block and tackle
3 x lineman - 1 has block
1 x thrower - 1 MA, pass and sure hands
now 3 x reroll
1 X apoth
1 x cheerleader
1 x assist coach

TV now 1230 and 210k in treasury.
---------------
earlier post said to wait on troll. I feel the same way based on increase of TV.
You need at least one killer Blitzer with Mighty Blow, Piling On, Tackle.
You could get Mighty Blow on your Tackle Blitzer as next skill, while on another Blitzer Mighty Blow as first skill would be good, followed by Piling On and Tackle.
On the other 2 Blitzers take Guard, Mighty Blow, Piling On, Tackle, on the Black Orcs Block then Guard then Mighty Blow.
The Thrower with MA 6 is fine, you can keep him, get Leader and Kick Off return on him, drop the 3rd reroll when you get Leader to reduce the TV.
Fire the cheerleader and the assistant coach, you don't need them, trust me, reduce your TV.