Chaos pact DArk elf advancement

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

grampyseer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by grampyseer »

What do you guys like for him?

I wimped out and took blodge for the first two. I'm wondering if I missed an exciting opportunity. Only 2 other blockers on the team aTM.

Reason: ''
Blood bowl players suffer from only one major design flaw...complaining
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Re: Chaos pact DArk elf advancement

Post by Digger Goreman »

I first went with two heads and will follow with dodge... the elf being my ball fetcher and moving in cages till hopefully giving the ball to someone else for the score.... So, for me, mobility is key....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
grampyseer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by grampyseer »

Don't you find he's a bit of a lame duck without block.?

Blood bowl players suffer from only one major design flaw...complaining
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Imo, you made the right call with blodge. I can't think of anything else I'd want in those first two slots.

Beyond that you're into more situational stuff I think - it depends on your format and the rest of your team. In no particular order, sidestep, fend, sure hands, strip ball, big hand, diving tackle, leap/long legs, even diving catch.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

grampyseer - a good question, and like most good questions in BB, the answer is "it depends". It depends on the role you see for the DE. For example: is he a Runner? Is he a ball-hunting Blitzer?

I like to develop the 3 Renegades as ball-hunting Blitzers. The Gobbo takes 2-Heads, Horns. The Skaven takes Wrestle, Horns, 2-Heads. The DE can take a similar route, starting with, say. Dodge, Wrestle, Horns. This leaves the ball handling to the Marauders, who do not have Animosity. A hidden advantage of this route is that the DE does not hog SPPs (the Marauders always seem to lag in development behind the Big Guys and the Renegades).

The one constant with the DE Renegade is that Dodge seems the best first skill, because it goes so well with AG4. However I dream of development paths with Leap, VLL instead of Dodge.

I give as examples some ways the DE Renegade could be developed:

- Outstanding ball-holding Runner: Dodge, Block, Sure Hands, Sidestep, Fend, Foul Appearance.

- Extreme ball-hunting Blitzer: Leap, Wrestle, Horns, VLL, Tackle, S-Ball.

This just goes to show how versatile he is. One of the most versatile players in the game when it comes to development. The only non-Stunty player I think with access to AG skills and Mutations on a normal roll. I think he asks for at least one mutation in there somewhere.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

grampyseer wrote:What do you guys like for him?

I wimped out and took blodge for the first two. I'm wondering if I missed an exciting opportunity. Only 2 other blockers on the team aTM.
Since he has AG 4 and AG access he is best as Runner (the Skaven Renegade could be a good alternative Runner but he has AG 3, no AG access and AV 7), so the build I suggest is:
Block, Dodge, Sure Hands, Two Heads, Side Step, Tackle
BUT
a runner has to be fast, so my advice is: fire him if he doesn't get + MA at 31 SPPs and try again with a new DE Renegade.
When you get MA 7 (or 8 if you are very lucky) you can keep him.

Decker_cky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Decker_cky »

You'll never regret blodge, but I don't think it's an essential path.

Mine ended up a freak so he took his own path (multiple stats then doubles), but I was planning to make mine a ball hunter with wrestle, tackle, horns, then leap and very long legs. With elven stats and no access to mighty blow, it's the player that's best positioned to take advantage of a number of the mutations.

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

This is not the best build, but it is the most fun, and that's what Chaos Pact is sall about IMO:

Wrestle, Leap, Horns, Tackle, Very Long Legs: 2+ Leap into a cage for a S4 Block with Wrestle and Tackle = awesome! :D

Or you want to be smart and boring and go Block, Dodge, Sure Hands, Side Step, Sure Feet. :roll:

Incidentally, I believe you should play with all 6 'positionals' (i.e. 3 Big Guys and 3 Renegades) on general principle! :smoking:

Mino = Blitzer (Juggernaut, Break Tackle, Stand Firm, Claw on Doubles)

Ogre = Mobile Roadblock (Guard, Break Tackle, Stand Firm, Block on Doubles)

Troll = Immobile Roadblock (Guard, Stand Firm, Grab, Tentacles on Doubles)

Dark Elf = Cage Buster (as above)

Skaven = Safety (Wrestle, Horns, Tackle, Two Heads)

Goblin = Retriever (Two heads, Big Hand, Extra Arms)