when to buy a deathroller

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Re: when to buy a deathroller

Post by Heff »

If you are going to play them.

Linos guard+ MB+SF then whatever you like.
Runners Block then utilities (Kick, leader, kick off return)
Blitzers Guard +mb (or other way, but normally guard) tackle SF, then whatever you like.
Ginger twats MB + pile on + Stand firm. then tackle but they are probably dead by now.
Deathrollers are for idiots, ignore them.
3 re rolls, down to two when you have leader.
Apo if you want but only ever use it on BH to keep player numbers up.
12 players and then pile up the gold.

That is the ONLY way to do them. Occasionally people will tell yo of the "exciting" ways they develop their team, they are doing it WRONG. Boring boring grind is the only way to go. The eight turn drive is king, never ever rush, watch your position. People will say you play dwarves to show that under your caring exterior you just want to be a c&nt, they are wrong true dwarf players play the team to put their c&ntishness into sharp relief. People will hate you, you do not care.

Reason: ''
Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

And of course this classic

I hate them because they are a fun sponge. One dimensional, Designed to be able to do everything but run. Lets think

Linemen 4329 Block Thick skull Tackle, Cannot break armour, cannot get him off the field on less than a 9 if you do. Tackle to make dodging away harder or to ensure that your opponent who stays with you gets put down 33% to 50% of the time on a one dice block.

Blitzers AG3 and move 5 cos we need somebody to hand the ball to who can keep up with

Runners 6338 No block but sure hands so a loose ball is picked up 75% of the time and I can move into that cage so that no block will not matter. Also at the end of the first game you win most likely one of these will have 6spps and block anyway.

but how do I clear the pitch. OH lets have a fanatic with block Dauntless and Frenzy won't that be fun. He is naked and suicidal AV8 sounds about right! Zons, who as we all know from the figures are chicks in bikini's and FOOTBALL ARMOUR are av7 ffs! Naked shortarses are AV8 perhaps the hair and mohawks gives them extra armour!

Then the cherry on this little pie is the Deathroller cos that is what this team needs a secret weapon. But its only on for one drive you say. YOU get to choose which one and if you put it on when you are not receiving then you are not only a cnt for playing dwarves at all but a stupid one for playing them wrongly! If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then really you need to go and play canasta with your dad...if you can find him.

then the re-rolls are cheap and you don't need them anyway for ball handling. Just there to make sure your hand off to the blitzer who needs the TD to get that skill is AS SAFE AS POSSIBLE, or for that cheeky one dice block that actually skulled. couple of those for safety should be enough.

Then there is the development path. All bar the runner have str access so there are two paths to go Guard, Mighty blow, possibly pile on on the trollslayers...or INCORRECTLY! There is no thought about roles of players, place on the team, who does what, all of that thought was done by the roster creators. Blitzers clear holes, linemen hold the line, runners score and ginger twats knock people down and jump on them.

Oh you say at high TV then claw teams take them apart. Lets see a beastman with block mb claw and Pile on costs 140k and 51spps. That coach has put a lot of effort into his player to get him there. You wont have to put that kind of effort into any players cos they start skilled and get better. Guard then stand firm on a lineman and you are golden, MB next and you are diamond. Runners get Block KOR, Blitzers Guard MB/Tackle, Ginger twats MB pile on and replace when dead with all that money you are piling up. Deathrollers, why bother induce em they are loners anyway.

but they are slow, I give you that but so are Ogres, Flings and Gobbos. Also they do not have the compensation of a move six guy who can sit in an unmoveable cage. And people say elves are a Timmy team.

AAAAARGH!

But you say,they are all strength 3. WRONG, your Ginger tw*t has dauntless,
on a 2 he is strength 4
On a 3 he is strength 5
on a 4 he is str 6
and you get the picture

And you get to re-roll any failures on your INSTA BIG GUY without the risk of loner. Also you have 2 of them.

Then we have the Journeyman question.

Which team has the best Journeymen. Is it Ogres?
a snot 5135 Titchy stunty sidestep right stuff, NO

Humans
6338 no skills No

orcs they are good
5339 no skills No we can do better than that

Chaos Dwarves
6337 no skills (You are just being silly now)

Oh I remember

DWARVES
4329 Block Tackle Thick Skull. But then he does have Loner so using re-rolls is a risk, like you need re-rolls.

I am going to have a lie down now! :pissed:

If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

I love Dwarfs, I've taken them to a couple of tourneys. I know it's different to a league but just wanted to show some support for the little guys (not they you'll need it really).

Personally I think, in my limited experience, re-rolls are a waste of gold.

Chainsaw + Deathrolla = fun times :orc:

So loose the re-rolls, you'll need some extra inducements later on. Then your tactics should be to kill as much as you can, scoring just increases the chance of gaining SPPs which can be dangerous as you want your TV to stay as low as you can (don't worry though cause Dwarfs have enough starting skills anyway). Don't be scared to use crowd serfs and fouls. Be carful though cause your opponents could start hating on you so I advise bringing some ear defenders or a Walkman so you can drown out the sound of their whining.

So in conclusion, I'd say buy the Deathrolla now! Like why have you not got one already. But if you want to be a power gamer and you are looking for the optimum efficient build, then you might want to leave him at the training ground, after all the pitch dose need a good roll...

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

There should be a stickied FAQ for Heff's dwarf rants. That way, somebody can just link to it and he doesn't get an ulcer.

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Wifflebat wrote:There should be a stickied FAQ for Heff's dwarf rants. That way, somebody can just link to it and he doesn't get an ulcer.
Where would the fun be in that.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Heff wrote:Blitzers Guard +mb (or other way, but normally guard) tackle SF, then whatever you like.
This is going to sound silly. But Dwarf Blitzers kind of need Tackle.

Some people think that's idiotic. But everyone who's played Dwarves is slowly nodding right now.

Heff, I laughed out loud at your rant. Keep hating. Never change.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

rolo wrote:
Heff wrote:Blitzers Guard +mb (or other way, but normally guard) tackle SF, then whatever you like.
This is going to sound silly. But Dwarf Blitzers kind of need Tackle.

Some people think that's idiotic. But everyone who's played Dwarves is slowly nodding right now.

Heff, I laughed out loud at your rant. Keep hating. Never change.
Tackle third. you have 6 players who come with it already. Another issue I have is that the bloody lino's start more skilled than the "star" blitzers.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Yeah but Blitzers have better stats.

I think there should be a better Star Player, like a Line Dwarf guy with mighty blow and strength 4 and maybe guard and stand firm too.
Or a kicker dwarf with some skills like kick and kick off return and dirty player
Also all the secret weapons ought to be part of the starting roster. Then we can fit better stars in.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

frogboy wrote:Yeah but Blitzers have better stats.

I think there should be a better Star Player, like a Line Dwarf guy with mighty blow and strength 4 and maybe guard and stand firm too.
Or a kicker dwarf with some skills like kick and kick off return and dirty player
Also all the secret weapons ought to be part of the starting roster. Then we can fit better stars in.
One has a better chassis and the other more bling.

You have this team and are complaining about star player selection. Dwarves are all solid bar barik

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

Dorfs having a rostered saw and bomber would be great. 50k bribes and a decent roller. Anything to make them less boring.