skink with -1 armor

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

dirt mcgirt
Rookie
Rookie

skink with -1 armor

Post by dirt mcgirt »

I played a game with lizardman team. The most skilled skink on the team just took injury w/ -1 to armor. Should I drop the skink. Skink has side step and diving tackle, but now has 6 for AV. Or just wait to see him killed off.

Reason: ''
gregory_n_white
Experienced
Experienced

Re: skink with -1 armor

Post by gregory_n_white »

Yes definitely - both are normal skills so not worth keeping.

If he had +AG I would think about it; or if he had +ST and another double (eg +St wrestle) but only because they are exceptional and rare players.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Bye bye.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

Yup. may have been worth firing him even without the -av!

dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

Didn't you know? AV6 cannot be broken!

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Fire him, by the way you should fire any Skink that after 2 skill up rolls has not yet got either +1 AG, + MA or a double skill.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

MattDakka wrote:Fire him,
Correct.
by the way you should fire any Skink that after 2 skill up rolls has not yet got either +1 AG, + MA or a double skill.
Wrong, that depends on the format in which you're playing.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Even in private league it's better not to bloat your team.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Short-term league means you don't get that many skills, so a skink with two normal skills is better for a team then a skink with none.

Merrick
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Merrick »

Side Step, Diving Tackle stunties are great. Who gives a crap about bloat?

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

Merrick wrote:Side Step, Diving Tackle stunties are great. Who gives a crap about bloat?
Competitive types. Matt is a little dogmatic in his advice but Skinks with just normals are rarely worth their tv.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Merrick wrote:Side Step, Diving Tackle stunties are great. Who gives a crap about bloat?
Bloat may lead either to having inducements against. having no inducements, or facing teams with skills costing the same TV but more efficient (like Block, Dodge and Mighty Blow, Piling On).
Side Step and Diving Tackle may sound good, the problem is that having it on an AV 7 ST 2 Stunty player is not so good because he can be blocked/injured quite easily.
It's better to stack the skills on the Saurus and on one super Skink ball carrier with ideally +MA/+AG/Sure Hands/Block/Sprint/Sure Feet, easy to protect and useful for 1TTD.
Having 1-2 regular skills spread on some Skinks doesn't pay off as much as stacking all of them on a single Skink ball carrier.
Also, if you really want to take regular skills on Skinks then take Sure Feet and Sprint so if anyone should roll + MA/+AG/double skill you suddenly have a good ball carrier.
The CRP meta rewards skill stacking, Stars and Scrubs teams.

Gimli
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Gimli »

MattDakka wrote:
Also if you really want to take regular skills on Skinks then take Sure Feet and Sprint so if anyone should roll + MA/+AG/double skill you suddenly have a good ball carrier.
The CRP meta rewards skill stacking, Stars and Scrubs teams.
I think you have to take Side Step as a first skill, but for a long time on Cyanide I would take Sure Feet as my second skill. My thinking was it turned the player into MA10, which is handy. Cyanide was always suggesting, though, that Skinks take Catch as a skill. I see the benefit of Catch for long hand off plays, but I never took it. Any thoughts on Catch on a Skink?

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Darkson wrote:Short-term league means you don't get that many skills, so a skink with two normal skills is better for a team then a skink with none.
And in a short term league you may not have the cash to replace him, so it may be a choice between him or a loner/merc or even just not having a sub.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.