Double 6 on a Block Troll

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

What to take?

The +ST, obviously.
81%
Dodge. A blodge troll with Break Tackle!
9%
Jump Up. Works nicely with Piling On.
2%
Pro
6%
Side Step
No votes
Something else.
2%

Total votes: 47

Jembo17
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Double 6 on a Block Troll

Post by Jembo17 »

fanglord13 wrote:Take the strength and don't look back. Block and ST6 is a major road block
+1

What an awesome player that'd be. You'd have opponents swerving away from that guy.

Reason: ''
Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

Yeah, the +ST it is.

Given that he isn't a loner means it is a 3+ into a cage with a team reroll, rather than a 4+ with a free dodge reroll (assuming no tackle).

JU isn't great with AG1, although I am regretting getting him PO a bit (although he is the blitzer troll and gobbos win by taking out the opposition, so it wasn't a terrible choice I don't think).

ST helps all the time when being blocked whilst dodge won't if a tackler is involved (and it is harder to get three rather than two assists and a lot harder to get four rather than three).

Frenzy wouldn't be bad, but a troll on a gobbo team is much more important than one on an orc team so I need more control of him and as this guy is BT and block he is the go to troll for a blitz etc. Tackle too wouldn't be bad, but not as good as the +ST.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

You did right. ST6/Block is awesome. ST6/BT is awesome. ST6/Block/BT is awesome. You can fairly reliably dodge into 2 TZ and give up an assist as you 2d a Bull Centaur (or other +ST carrier). Stand Firm at Super Star, and he'll be a pain in the patuckus 'cause you can't even 1/2d him away, he can redirect whole drives. Tackle if he doubles, and he'll be pure evil. I'm not a Goblin coach, mind. Maybe it's the Orc in me talking. But that sounds brutal, in a good way. :)

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.