Does anyone use Petty Cash?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Does anyone use Petty Cash?

Post by Marlow »

Salutations Readers,

In all the games I have played no-one has ever given me free inducements by transfering gold into Petty cash. The only time I can think I might do it would be buying a bribe with Goblins. Therefore I thougtht I would ask the wider community if they have seen much use of Petty Cash in Legues? Is there tactical plays to get better value than you are giving your opponent?

The reason I ask is our league has been running with following rule and, as we approch playoffs, people are debating if it should be changes or not.

8 Inducement order
The gold transfer will be moved to AFTER the team value calculation during the pre-match sequence.
This allows coaches to spend their treasury on inducements without inflating their team value

Reason: ''
Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Trophies: MBBL Dungeon Bowl Season Nine; Boudica Bowl IV Stunty Cup
Leicester Blood Bowl League - http://www.leicesterbbleague.com/
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Does anyone use Petty Cash?

Post by sann0638 »

Yes on Fumbbl, usually to buy a wizard.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Barney the Lurker »

A theoretical use I heard was to induce a star you and your opponent can hire but definitely don't want to play. Eg Eldril in an Elf off.

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

Marlow wrote:8 Inducement order
The gold transfer will be moved to AFTER the team value calculation during the pre-match sequence.
This allows coaches to spend their treasury on inducements without inflating their team value
I would not recommend that. You'll give the underdog an even harder time and give benifits to basher teams, who tend to collect more money.

As an example, I've got a play off game comming up and I'm currently giving away 180k in inducements.
I've also got 670k in my treasury.

With the above rules, I could buy a wizard, bribe etc without it effecting my opponents inducements, which would mean that I'd have a huge advatage.
I don't see the fun in that.

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Have seen it used in finals/playoffs where the higher TV team pumps in enought petty cash so that both teams get a Wizard instead of just the lower TV.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Most often in the playoffs or really important games, especially if you're 10-40k below your opponent, drop 50k, you get a babe, your opponent gets nothing.

But it's not cost-effective to do so regularly.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

For Halflings it is almost allways worth hiring the chef if for some unknown reason they find themselves playing as the overdogs.

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

It's useful a lot of the time to transfer some over if you are just a little bit short, ie transfer 50k if you are 30tv less. Also as everyone has said, Wizards.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Jimmy Fantastic wrote:It's useful a lot of the time to transfer some over if you are just a little bit short, ie transfer 50k if you are 30tv less. Also as everyone has said, Wizards.
This. The implied use of Petty Cash is for an overdog. But in a league final, for example, if I am 110K down I will spend 150K of treasury on a Wizard, forgo Inducements entirely (in fact giving them to my opponent).

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.