Dark Elf Runner becomes a Legend

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Dark Elf Runner becomes a Legend

Post by stashman »

This teams top runner got his Legend status.
http://mafoc.bloodbowlleague.com/default.asp?p=ro&t=nag

Bastian Blaze
http://mafoc.bloodbowlleague.com/defaul ... =pl&pid=80

Last skill, rolling double 5s
What to pick?

+AV
+MA
Guard
Stand Firm
Sidestep
Sure Hands
Fend

He gets alot of punches in the face and use dump-off often.

Help me make this beast even better!!

Reason: ''
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: Dark Elf Runner becomes a Legend

Post by frogboy »

After a few moments of contemplation (about 10 seconds) I'd go with Sure Hands. Saving you re-rolls when picking up the ball + keeping him safe from Strip Ballers + giving you a good chance to pick up ball in tackle zones...

Amazing :orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
thErgonomic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thErgonomic »

Sure Hands, turns a 1/6 roll if you are out of rerolls into a 1/36. Plus it's protection against Strip Ball.

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Congratulations on this status! In our league the player would be eligible for retirement and to become a Star Player for his race and three other teams!

I think any player reaching this level in a table top league should be applauded. It takes some serious dedication.

Michael

If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

If you are going to use him as the primary ball carrier then either MA or sure hands would be best.

I really don't rate AV on elves, that blitzer would be sweet with MA 9.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Retire him.

Your choices of upgrades on this guy have been awful, he's totally not worth the TV.

Runners as Ballcarriers are pretty meh, as Throwers even more so, and as Dump Off users they are completely pointless. the only Runner worth his TV is the sacker, for when you don't want to use a Witch Elf. And you should have only one runner, max (none, really).

What you should have done is:

+MA, +MA, Dodge, Wrestle, Leap, Tackle.

or, if you really want to use him as a ball carrier:

+MA, + MA, Dodge, Block, Sure Hands, Side Step

gregory_n_white
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gregory_n_white »

Sure Hands

But also consider Sidestep, for 2 reasons: if you mess up the dump off you can select to end up near the ball making opponent recovery harder; or if you are still standing with the ball you can pick where you are placed for easiest departure next turn.

stashman

Post by stashman »

I picked +AV

I have played around 85 games with him and he his doing a hell of a good jobb. One blitzer have catch so dump-off works great. Will get another player with catch.

Team have 279 TV with 16 players. Even if I sack some I will not get any cash to buy new ones if they get retired.

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Yeah, your entire team is a showcase for how not to build a Dark Elf team (or any team), so any advice on skill choices is clearly lost on you.

But hey, if it works, more power to you.

stashman

Post by stashman »

Dr. Von Richten wrote:Yeah, your entire team is a showcase for how not to build a Dark Elf team (or any team), so any advice on skill choices is clearly lost on you.

Ok??? Why???

TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

Dr. Von Richten wrote:Yeah, your entire team is a showcase for how not to build a Dark Elf team (or any team), so any advice on skill choices is clearly lost on you.

Dude, you're being a little harsh. Has anyone made any rules for how to build a Dark Elf team? Any team? No. They are all just suggestions. So back off and let the guy choose whatever skills he wants to. Not all coaches think as you do. Being a douchebag won't get anyone to listen to how you do things. If you disagree, fine. Leave it at that.

Jimany Christmas some people........

Winning... it beats losing.
purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

I would not have developed this player in this way but he has indeed turned out to be a monster.

Have you considered Kick off return? A great skill if you are receiving.

I think I would take +MA in the end though

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

TheAzman wrote:

Dude, you're being a little harsh. Has anyone made any rules for how to build a Dark Elf team? Any team? No. They are all just suggestions. So back off and let the guy choose whatever skills he wants to. Not all coaches think as you do. Being a douchebag won't get anyone to listen to how you do things. If you disagree, fine. Leave it at that.

I don't see where I forced this guy into anything.

He asks for advice, so I give advice. His choices for building his team are bad from a competitive point of view,so that's what I tell him. If he's not into competitiveness, his criteria for making choices are going to be completely subjective, so all advice is irrelevant anyway.

Vinz D.
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vinz D. »

Dr. Von Richten wrote:His choices for building his team are bad from a competitive point of view, [...]
Up to this point, nowhere in the thread is the term 'competitiveness' coined.
There is a difference in between how a team can be built and should be built. That also goes for the way in which one communicates.

However, trying to bring the topic back on track:
My vote would go out to the movement increase. Mobility is a big boon for any elven teams, in my opinion, and additional movement always helps.

"Goblin aficionado and collector of Wooden Spoons"
TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

Dr. Von Richten wrote:
TheAzman wrote:

I don't see where I forced this guy into anything.

He asks for advice, so I give advice. His choices for building his team are bad from a competitive point of view,so that's what I tell him. If he's not into competitiveness, his criteria for making choices are going to be completely subjective, so all advice is irrelevant anyway.
I get that. But offer your 'advice' not your opinion. Advice is one thing. Scorn is another. Besides, not everyone plays to be super competitive. He's done well enough with this team judging by the amount of skills on his players. Let him be proud of his newly minted Legend.

Winning... it beats losing.