Chaos Blodge Warrior becomes legend with doubles

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Side Step or Stand Firm

Side Step
57%
Stand Firm
36%
Leap
7%

Total votes: 14

thErgonomic
Rookie
Rookie

Chaos Blodge Warrior becomes legend with doubles

Post by thErgonomic »

So my Chaos Warrior became a legend and I rolled double twos. He has +Ag, Block, Guard, Dodge, Mighty Blow at the moment and I'm wondering which I should take as my last skill. I'm debating with myself whether to take Side Step or Stand firm?

Opinion, please.

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Chaos Blodge Warrior becomes legend with doubles

Post by lunchmoney »

Depends on the rest of the team and the environment.
But well done on not taking ClawPOMB :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
thErgonomic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thErgonomic »

Well I'm playing BB2 on the second largest ladder, so there's a lot of bash and clawpomb around.
The whole team is a little poor for the environment, since it's mostly aimed at countering elves.
I'll just hope that someday the meta will become more balanced.

Anyways, is there any general advice on how does it depend on the environment?

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

thErgonomic wrote:Well I'm playing BB2 on the second largest ladder, so there's a lot of bash and clawpomb around.
The whole team is a little poor for the environment, since it's mostly aimed at countering elves.
I'll just hope that someday the meta will become more balanced.

Anyways, is there any general advice on how does it depend on the environment?
If you play Chaos, just spam Clawpomb and have 1 Beastman ball carrier with Block, Dodge, Sure Hands, Two Heads (take +MA and + AG if you roll them) and at least one Tacklepomber.
I don't understand why you build a team to counter elves when elves are uncommon in MM.

thErgonomic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thErgonomic »

MattDakka wrote:If you play Chaos, just spam Clawpomb and have 1 Beastman ball carrier with Block, Dodge, Sure Hands, Two Heads (take +MA and + AG if you roll them) and at least one Tacklepomber.
I don't understand why you build a team to counter elves when elves are uncommon in MM.
Well I started to build it a while back before I had any idea what the environment would turn into, I'm not clairvoyant unlike some people are. Look since there are clear Tier 1 teams (namely Elves) I built the team to counter those.
Still "Just build CLAWPOMB" doesn't answer the question, which is better Side Step or Stand Firm.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

thErgonomic wrote:
MattDakka wrote:If you play Chaos, just spam Clawpomb and have 1 Beastman ball carrier with Block, Dodge, Sure Hands, Two Heads (take +MA and + AG if you roll them) and at least one Tacklepomber.
Well I started to build it a while back before I had any idea what the environment would turn into, I'm not clairvoyant unlike some people are. Look since there are clear Tier 1 teams (namely Elves) I built the team to counter those.
Still "Just build CLAWPOMB" doesn't answer the question, which is better Side Step or Stand Firm.
I would take Stand Firm to prevent crowdsurfs when using a half-cage.
Anyway a Chaos Warrior is a player too slow to be a good ball carrier, use a Beastman instead.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

thErgonomic wrote: Still "Just build CLAWPOMB" doesn't answer the question, which is better Side Step or Stand Firm.
I'm still not convinced that Matt isn't a spambot that just posts that response to 90% of the the threads.

Is it just those 2 skills you are sticking to?

Leap could be a lot of fun and would be a surprise to a lot of teams. You could also consider Jump up or leader.

Of those 2 I'd probably take SS as it is works well with blodge and there tends to be less grab than juggernaut or will be now cyanide have fixed it a bit.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

spubbbba wrote: I'm still not convinced that Matt isn't a spambot that just posts that response to 90% of the the threads.
Because it's the most effective build for Chaos, that's why.

thErgonomic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thErgonomic »

spubbbba wrote:Is it just those 2 skills you are sticking to?

Leap could be a lot of fun and would be a surprise to a lot of teams. You could also consider Jump up or leader.

Of those 2 I'd probably take SS as it is works well with blodge and there tends to be less grab than juggernaut or will be now cyanide have fixed it a bit.
I got a Utility Beastman with Leader already, but why I'm mainly considering those two is because his role is to keep Guard in place and cover one of the corners of the cage. I was planning on just giving him SF, but the doubles just threw completely off track, but now that you mention it Leap offers some options, heck could show those WElfs that a Ten Ton Hammer can also jump where he wants.

But considering that Juggernaut is just slightly more common than Grab, is the basic argument why SS is better than SF that actions of your opponents usually change where you want to position you player?

Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

Blodge, Side Step and Guard is a really good combination. Every other player on your team can be Stand Firm/Guard; for the extra 10k I would take Side Step; when you get hit you get to move into there cage! :D

Taking AG 4 Leap makes him into a Str 4 War Dancer with the ability to deliver Guard anywhere you want; however leaping is more likely to cause a turn over...

If you want a War Dancer take Leap; otherwise Side Step.

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Trophies: MBBL Dungeon Bowl Season Nine; Boudica Bowl IV Stunty Cup
Leicester Blood Bowl League - http://www.leicesterbbleague.com/