DElf Blitzer advice

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

DElf Blitzer advice

Post by mzukerman »

I know, this is a story of the rich get richer, but I'm not sure what to do here. My Dark Elves likely will have to go through Chaos and Chaos Dwarves to win it all this year (possibly a Necro team that's skilling up fast!). My blitzer just leveled. She's my "get the ball free" piece with dodge, strip ball and tackle. Now I'm torn between leap (I love me my wardancers) and side step. (I rolled a 1-4).

Roster:
Witch Elf Block, Wrestle, +1 MA
Witch Elf Wrestle
Blitzer Guard, Mighty Blow, +1 MA (yes, luckiest player I've ever had)
Blitzer Dodge, Tackle, Guard
Blitzer Dodge, Strip Ball, Tackle (this is the one I need to level up)
Blitzer Dodge, Side Step, Guard
Lineelf Wrestle, Dodge
Lineelf Kick
2x Lineelf with nothing

I've also got a hole in my roster that I have to fill. I've lost two runners and I'm thinking of just adding another lineelf.

Thoughts?

Reason: ''
"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Re: DElf Blitzer advice

Post by babass »

i would go for leap.

RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

Runners are not needed in a skilled up Team.

1 leap is nice

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Leap.

Also, no Runners or Asassins.

And I don't understand why you have Block and Wrestle on the same player.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Leap.

TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

Dr. Von Richten wrote:Leap.

Also, no Runners or Asassins.

And I don't understand why you have Block and Wrestle on the same player.
It lets him be able to take down a ball carrier or other player that has Block if he rolls a 'Both Down " instead of there being no effect.

Winning... it beats losing.
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

TheAzman wrote: It lets him be able to take down a ball carrier or other player that has Block if he rolls a 'Both Down " instead of there being no effect.
I understand what the 'Wrestle' skill does. But since it overlaps with Block, which the player also has, one of those skills is redundant in any given situation. Which means that you've 20k worth of dead weight in your team, instead of having a skill you'll be using much more often, like Dodge or Tackle.

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

What do you mean, overlap?
You can choose to have both players standing or both players down on the ground.

I'm not a very good player, I admit, but somehow I don't see any redundance in both skills.

RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

Regash wrote:What do you mean, overlap?
You can choose to have both players standing or both players down on the ground.

I'm not a very good player, I admit, but somehow I don't see any redundance in both skills.
Simple: 75% of both skills' value derives from not having a turnover after a both down result. The rest is different but not quite as important

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
Regash

Post by Regash »

But Block just makes nothing happen will Wrestle will still take the other guy down, make him lose his tackle zones and maybe open a gap (Mind the gap! :orc: ) for your ball carrier to slip through.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

They are both good skills, but because they do almost the same thing, it is best to spread them over two players and then use the right one as the situation dictates. Having both Block & Wrestle on the same player is technically 'better' as you can choose which one you use, but that is so situational that it is nowhere near as good as Block or Wrestle plus one other skill.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

some people would say the same for the combinaison "Block+Juggernaut", but, i do think Juggernaut does bring much more to Block player than Wrestle would do. (it's nice combo to target wrestler for example)

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

babass wrote:some people would say the same for the combinaison "Block+Juggernaut", but, i do think Juggernaut does bring much more to Block player than Wrestle would do. (it's nice combo to target wrestler for example)
This I agree with. Block, Frenzy and Juggernaut is a great combination, both for hunting Wrestlers and for crowdsurfing. Also, Juggernaut does nothing on defense, so Block (or Wrestle) is useful for protection.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Sidestep. Just to buck the conventional wisdom, but also because Sidestep+Guard is just a thing of beauty. Sometimes your opponent will be scared to even block your guy, because he'll sidestep into an even better position. Sidestep+MA8 will also help you pull off a hilarious one-turner sometimes.

Or maybe I just love sidestep and hate leap ;)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

rolo wrote:Sometimes your opponent will be scared to even block your guy, because he can ust sidestep into an even better position.
I would love to face opponents like this! :D All of mine just yolo it and everything is fine. In my last FUMBBL game my Blodge/SS/Guard player was one-dice POW cas'd. :(

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.