Elven Chaos team - advice welcome

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Elven Chaos team - advice welcome

Post by Smeborg »

I have recently put out a Chaos team in our little local league (7 coaches at the moment). They will likely play 15-20 games or so. Opponents are 2xDwarf, 1xCD, 1xOrc, 1xNorse, 1xNecro. I have won 3 of the first 4 games (lost to Norse, beat CD, Dwarf, Necro).

This is my first league Chaos team. "Slick As" is their name, and they lived up to it, with the first 3 skill-ups being +MA, +AG and Dodge:

Warrior: +MA, Dodge (16 SPPs)
Warrior: +AG (9)
Warrior: Block (7)
Warrior: Block (7)
Beastman: Block (8)
Beastman: Wrestle (8)
Beastman: Wrestle (7)
6 x rookie Beastmen
1 x rookie Beastman with -MA, MNG (will likely be retired)
3 x RRs, 3 x FF, Apoth, 10,000 in Treasury, TV138

This is rather clean and harmonious development after just 4 games (it helps that we have chosen MVP). The team has decent running and passing options (the latter is particularly useful when they try to score in 2 turns). Dodge and +AG are also good for re-positioning. I would welcome your thoughts on the following matters (I will add my own thoughts as we go):

- How to develop the +MA, Dodge Warrior? I was thinking Block, then probably Sure Hands. But should I just take 2 Heads to complement the Dodge? And what if I roll a double (the player has form in this regard)?

- How to develop the +AG Warrior? I have no idea, really. Block possibly, but there are other options (including 2 Heads followed by Break Tackle, a bit extreme that, probably).

- How many players to take on the roster? I normally think in terms of 13, but with the double and stat increases, TV is looking high, and I may stick with 13.

- Whether or not to take the Minotard? He is quite entertaining, and when I set out I was thinking of taking him. But he seems superfluous in a team which already has a high TV and so many blitzing options.

Overall the team is starting to perform in a pleasing manner. The Dodge and stat increases give them the beginning of an Elven feel, very handy in a bashy league.

All the best.

Reason: ''
Smeborg the Fleshless
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Re: Elven Chaos team - advice welcome

Post by Smeborg »

I forgot to add my development intentions for the other players:

- The Block Warriors will be developed in orthodox fashion as killers (M-Blow, Claw, etc),

- The Wrestle Beastman will also be developed in orthodox fashion as ball-hunters (Tackle, 2-Heads),

- 2 Beastman will probably also be developed as killers (Block, M-Blow, Claw etc.) to give the statutory 4 killers (especially given the prevalence of AV9 in this league),

- I'm not worrying about Guard for the time being (perhaps the 5th Beastman will go Block, Guard).

All the best.

Smeborg the Fleshless
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

- How to develop the +AG Warrior? I have no idea, really. Block possibly, but there are other options (including 2 Heads followed by Break Tackle, a bit extreme that, probably).
i don't see the need of the breaktackle/two head => it will be too situational to use this combo as this player is only Mv5...

this guy should be you dedicated ball carrier.
sure hans, block, dodge if double.

2heads (and then breaktackle) would be better On the +Mv/dodge for example :)

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

babass wrote:
i don't see the need of the breaktackle/two head => it will be too situational to use this combo as this player is only Mv5...

this guy should be you dedicated ball carrier.
sure hans, block, dodge if double.

2heads (and then breaktackle) would be better On the +Mv/dodge for example :)
I don't see why you're even thinking of break tackle on a warrior with AG4?
He can use his strength to dodge as if he had AG4, which he already has, so what's the point?

I agree with babass, go for block then sure hands on this guy

Sainthropee
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sainthropee »

Agree with Pedda

Ag4 Warrior need to Block and Dodge and he could be the ball carrier, only two heads if do you want to play him like a Cage Breaker, with Stripball or Wrestle.

Aslo 13 players without Minotaur ... I drop some beastman and with 12 players and Minotaur is all team with 9 and 8 AV with Apo, it's Ok for me.

"Vice is a miscalculation in the pursuit of happiness"
(J. Bentham)
Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

MA6 warrior has to go blodge.
AG4 guy gets block.

I wouldn't bother on sure hands on either of them as you won't be facing any strip-ballers and the AG4 should be enough.

I'd then go guard on both as virtually all the teams you face are strength ones and you'll need it. Mobile guards are great. The other CWs can be developed as killers.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Thanks, everybody, for your help.

The idea of B-Tackle was for cage-breaking, or more particularly, line-breaking (sequence of 2+ dodges). Though I agree that plain old Block is probably better.

All the best.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

Smeborg wrote:Thanks, everybody, for your help.

The idea of B-Tackle was for cage-breaking, or more particularly, line-breaking (sequence of 2+ dodges). Though I agree that plain old Block is probably better.

All the best.
But you don't need break tackle for that. He already dodges with AG4.
Put two heads on him and you're dodging with AG5