Skaven Team skillups in Scheduled League

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Skaven Team skillups in Scheduled League

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

After 3 Matches in our scheduled League, my Skaven Team, Boardwalk Under-Empire, looks like this:

2 Elias Thompson Blitzers Block 2
3 Eddy Kessler Blitzers Block, Mighty Blow 16 [Rolled 6+4]
4 James Darmody Gutter Runners Block, Dodge 9
5 Chalky White Gutter Runners Dodge 11 [Rolled 2+1]
6 Mickey Doyle Gutter Runners Dodge 7 [Rolled 2+1]
7 Owen Slater Gutter Runners Dodge 6 [Rolled 6+5]
8 Richard Harrow Throwers Pass, Sure Hands 4
9 Edward Bader Linemen 0
10 Jim Neary Linemen 0
11 Damien Fleming Linemen 0
12 George O'Neill Linemen 0

Rerolls: 3
Fan Factor: 3
Apothecary:1
Treasury: 160000

So, I would like some advice on which skillups to take. Obviously Gutter Runner no 7 will take +AG, and either Gutter Runner no 6 or Gutter Runner no 5 will take Wrestle. But what about the other Gutter Runner? Wrestle, Block, Strip Ball, something else entirely? And the Blitzer; + MA or Piling on, or something different?

Next Opponents will be Vampires, Dwarfs and Nurgle; After that there's Chaos Dwarfs, Underworld, Necro and more Chaos Dwarfs.

Thanks already you your dispensed wisdom! :)

Reason: ''
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Skaven Team skillups in Scheduled League

Post by babass »

i would go for:
+Mv (or pilling on)
Wrestle
Wrestle (or maybe kick, as you will face mostly slow teams)
+Ag

Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

I would take Guard on Blitzer; AG, Wrestle and Block on Runners

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Trophies: MBBL Dungeon Bowl Season Nine; Boudica Bowl IV Stunty Cup
Leicester Blood Bowl League - http://www.leicesterbbleague.com/
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Thanks for the answers; I still have time to decide, so I'll consider it some more. :)

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

I'd go with one Block, one Wrestle on the runners. And +AG obviously.

I'd at least think about AV on the Stormvermin. Normally I don't like +AV on a player, I don't think it's worth a skill and the TV hit. But Stormvermin get hit a LOT, and durable players are so rare on Skaven.
Otherwise Guard is extremely helpful too.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Javelin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Javelin »

What kind of teams are in your league? The biggest question is if you should take tackle, +MA, piling on, or something else with the stormvermin. If you're facing many elves or stunties then tackle would likely be the best.

You have to take +AG on a gutter, you should take wrestle on one of them, and I think the third should be block or wrestle. Strip ball could be useful in some leagues, but I would most likely go for the protection and take block again. I prefer two block and two wrestle gutters, and I would probably plan on putting wrestle on the +AG one. That one would likely get strip ball next as he's more likely to be able to get it to where its needed.

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Javelin wrote:What kind of teams are in your league? The biggest question is if you should take tackle, +MA, piling on, or something else with the stormvermin. If you're facing many elves or stunties then tackle would likely be the best.

You have to take +AG on a gutter, you should take wrestle on one of them, and I think the third should be block or wrestle. Strip ball could be useful in some leagues, but I would most likely go for the protection and take block again. I prefer two block and two wrestle gutters, and I would probably plan on putting wrestle on the +AG one. That one would likely get strip ball next as he's more likely to be able to get it to where its needed.
Teams are Dwarf x2, Chaos Dwarf x2, Skaven x2 (mine being one of them), Nurgle, Vampire, Slann, Underworld and Necro. I've already faced one Dwarf team, Skaven and Slann. So, not enough Dodge for Tackle to be worth it at this point, and +MA is nice, but the League isn't long enough (10 matches + semifinals and finals for the top 4) to get more than 2-3 skills, and I'd rather have a MB, PO, Claw/Tackle/Frenzy Blitzer than a MB, +MA, PO/Claw one.

Anyway, I've already assigned the skills, so it's water under the bridge at this point. +AG, obviously, PO for the Blitzer, and I gave both GR's Wrestle, as I want the +Ag one to get Block (and I want 2 Block and 2 Wrestle). The logic is here that a Sacker (with Wrestle) will use AG to Leap into a cage, which is only one die roll and will work on a 3+ anyway. But a Ball Retriever, on the other hand, might have to Leap/Dodge in, Pick up, Dodge out and perhaps Pass, all of which benefit from + AG. Also, Block protects better than Wrestle, and +AG is worth protecting.