Unique Dark Elf Help

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

bizzydog217
Experienced
Experienced

Unique Dark Elf Help

Post by bizzydog217 »

Okay, so normally when it comes to Dark Elves I wouldn't be asking for help because I'm a pretty good Dark Elf player. My friend wants to use them but he is insistent on starting with 1 or more Assassin. What is the best strategy, development, and starting roster to maximize the teams ability but also start with one or more assassin? I'm trying to talk him out of it but that just isn't going to be happening. And yes he knows this will affect his success...

Reason: ''
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: Unique Dark Elf Help

Post by rolo »

some people really, really love the Leap assassin. Maybe it's an Italy thing.

If someone held a gun to my head and made me play DE with an assassin, I'd downgrade one of the Blitzers from the "standard" lineup:

3 Blitzer (300)
1 Assassin (90)
7 Linemen (490k)
2 Rerolls (100k)

That leaves 20k left over - 10k upgrades a Blitzer to a Witch, or a Lineman to a Runner. I'd keep it and hope to buy an Apothecary after game 1.

People go after the assassin a lot, he's expensive and AV7, which is why coaches are reluctant to use them. He's going to get hit a lot. He needs TDs to get SPP, since stabbing doesn't give you points, so on offense, you may want to write a note of apology to your Blitzers (who improve more with a few skills and should optimally be scoring your TDs) and score with the assassin. I'd get him Dodge first, then Block, then Sidestep. But I can see any order for that.

On defense, use him as a mobile assist, preferably positioned so that knocked down opponents can end in the assassin's tackle zone. Shadowing is an underrated skill and can be quite irritating if your opponent then wants to stand up and dodge. Maybe your opponent will waste their blitz hitting the assassin, he's just one of those players that people love to block. Then, if there's an opening, rush in and stab the ball carrier. This will get the assassin hit (a lot) but the cool part of stabbing is that you don't care about tackle zones and don't risk a turnover.

Reason: ''
"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"