Inducements Dwarves v Undeads

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Tommo666
Rookie
Rookie

Inducements Dwarves v Undeads

Post by Tommo666 »

Hello everyone, big game coming soon, that would turn out into earl finals for our league: my Dwarf team is playin against Undead. I do have 110k for inducements and, bad for me, I suffered the first serious CASs just before this game.
So that's my roster for the game
LB 2 Guards, 1 Guard blodger, 1 green
R 1 Block Fend, 1 Block +MA
Blitzers are both greens
TS 1 +ST, 1 MB
1 Journey
3 RR
Apo
100k treasury

I was considering the bombardier Star Player and a Bloodweiser, having to face a 13 players roster with 4 RRs, so it's pretty much a certain loss here (my main focus is to save both runners and +ST TS)

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Inducements Dwarves v Undeads

Post by lunchmoney »

My first advice would be to your opponent to lose a RR and not give you any inducements :lol:

110k doesn't give you much. Your options are Boomer (Barik as well but he sucks), Babes and special play cards. Cards can be fun but are a gamble. If you like a sure thing go as you suggested, if you like a little more randomness in your life take 2 Misc Mayhems ;)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

I'd take the bomber and put him on the line to protect your players.
He's only lacking tackle compared to a longbeard, but he costs just 60k (and you can only keep him on for one drive, but that should be enough)

As all your players have AV8 or AV9 and thick skull, I don't see a babe being that useful and I'd rather go for a card.
The dirty player deck being my favorite and the one that I think has the most value.

Tommo666
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tommo666 »

Thanks for the replies, I forgot to mention that as house rule we're actually not using cards, my fault!

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Boomer and Babe it is then :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Tommo666
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tommo666 »

lunchmoney wrote:Boomer and Babe it is then :)
Thanks!
Fixed the inducements thing, I have really no clue on how to play this this game though.
He's got more guards than I do (Zombie, Wight, both Mummies), plus he adding couple of players to his roster (after that couple of my players would be declared out for the game, said fair play) seems like I have really no hopes but to get beaten all way around for 16 turns.
Any suggestions? I do pretty much suck at everything, just started playin few months ago eh :D

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Target the Ghouls, they're the achilles heel of the Undead team, and you have Block/Tackle players to hit them hard. Also, try to Frenzypush his players into the crowd; even 2D against (vs a Mummy, for example) is worth trying for this. And protect the Ball well; keep both Blitzers and both Runners near it when you go for the pickup, and until you get it in a cage.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Undead are tough, you probably won't win by attrition.

Assuming your opponent's Guard zombie doesn't have Block, it's totally worth taking 1d blocks against that guy, especially if this leads to 2d blocks later on.

If he leaves a Mummy exposed, you have a couple options - ST4 Slayer has a really good chance to bring him down (the Dauntless rolls are 2+, and with an assist and Frenzy that's probably 4 dice). Or just run your journeyman in to mark him. If he takes a few turns rolling 2d blocks against your AV9 loner, he's wasting his Mummy.

If your opponent knows what he's doing, he'll protect his ghouls ... but hit them if you get a shot. And stand linemen next to the ghouls whenever you can. Laugh if he wastes rerolls dodging away from Tacklers :-D

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Optimus Prime
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Optimus Prime »

target the ghouls and if you get them out go after the wrights he may have more guard than you but you have block if you can get a mummy out thats great but really the wrights and ghouls are the ones to take out here, do that and he really will have a hard time moving the ball... try to surround his ghouls and really he will not be able to get away your tackle will help keep him in place or of he tries to get away is had a chance of injuring himself... really depends on how may ghouls he has if hes got 4 and 2 wrights its gonna be a battle