Earth Elemental rolls double 5 -- FUMBBL Secret League

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

What to take?

Block
No votes
+MA
25%
Dodge
25%
Jump Up
No votes
Diving Tackle
No votes
Other (Post)
No votes
Pie
50%

Total votes: 4

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Earth Elemental rolls double 5 -- FUMBBL Secret League

Post by mattgslater »

Okay, so my Earth Elemental team on FUMBBL's Secret League has a dilemma. Gnome Amethyst, a rookie Earth Elemental, skilled up and got 5+5. Do I give it +MA, Dodge, Jump Up, or Block?

Argument in favor of +MA: I only get 2 Water Elementals (MA6) to carry with, or to cage with downfield. Fire Elementals (MA6) are poor carriers 'cause they have Frenzy. I have one Air Elemental, but he's AV7 and the team isn't allowed an Apoth, so I don't want to take a second one. Another "fast" (MA5) player could really help.

Argument in favor of Dodge: He's AV9, Stand Firm, and ST3/AG3. He's easy to 2d, but with Dodge he's not so easy to knock down, and with Stand Firm that means a pushback is a wasted action instead. Also, at AG3, Dodge means he can get away from sticky opponents and clog up lanes wherever his little MA4 feet can carry him. Also, this team gets no Apoth. Any player who doesn't take an AV roll is that much of a chance of a Cas the team doesn't suffer.

Argument in favor of Jump Up: AV9 and Stand Firm. Jump Up would be sooooo annoying. Maybe. But I think the team wants more development before I go taking a bunch of Jump Up. I feel about the same way about Diving Tackle.

Argument in favor of Block: I only have 2 Block players, this would give me 3. I will never run out of good skills to take on this player. Block, Guard, Mighty Blow, Tackle, Piling On, Grab, Juggernaut; Dodge, Jump Up, Diving Tackle, Sure Feet on doubles.

The Team (improvements)
Incarnate Elemental of Earth: 3 5 1 10 Loner, Stand Firm, Thick Skull (MB)
Water Elemental 6 4 3 8 Side Step (+ST)
Water Elemental 6 3 3 8 Side Step (rookie)
Fire Elemental 6 3 3 8 Frenzy (Block)
Air Elemental 7 3 3 7 Leap, VLL (Dodge)
Earth Elemental 4 3 3 9 Stand Firm (Block, MB)
Earth Elemental 4 3 3 9 Stand Firm (Guard)
Earth Elemental 4 3 3 9 Stand Firm (DOUBLE 5)
4x Earth Elemental 4 3 3 9 Stand Firm (rookie)
3 RR, FF 4, No Apoth (none allowed)

Reason: ''
What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Re: Earth Elemental rolls double 5 -- FUMBBL Secret League

Post by mattgslater »

Took Dodge.

New, related dilemma: my ST4 Water Elemental just rolled double 5. His normal skill access is G,A. I'm tempted to give him Mighty Blow. What do y'all think? On a normal roll I'd have given him Block.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Guard? 'mobile' (MA 6) STR 4 guard is nice.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Hmmm. And he does have Side Step...

But he's often the one making the blocks. Lots of ST5 in Secret League, I often need him at the point of attack to punch holes. He cas'ed an Oni last night, forced the oppo to Apoth him, drew out the Apoth so my Incarnate Elemental could kill a Sumo Wrestler and niggle said Oni, retiring a pretty damn nasty Northern Nippon team. Mighty Blow could lead to more performances like that, you know?

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

But guard will give you the option to make 'easier' more 1d blocks.
However, MB will/should give you more CAS.

I have no idea about the other teams in that league. I think both skills are good, but I think you should go MB. Make yourself happy and start causing CAS!