Amazon 1100 TV tournament

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

diphoration
Rookie
Rookie

Amazon 1100 TV tournament

Post by diphoration »

Hi everyone,

I'm going to play my first table top tournament (and table top game for that matter) tomorrow.

The tournament rules are as follow:

110k in the bank
Must buy at least 11 players
May buy a star player after the regular 11 players
2 Free normal skills, 1 free double skill

I am trying to figure out what the optimal build would be for those specific rules.

I am currently thinking about the following

4x Blitzer (360k)
7x Linewoman (350k)
Zara (270k)
2x Rerolls (100k)

Guard on 2 Blitzers

Which leaves me 20k in the bank and a double skill to pick.

I am afraid 2 rerolls would be too little, so perhaps I could take a leader with the other skill.

I'd love to have the input of people who are more experienced than me, thanks a lot for your time!

Reason: ''
Shushnik
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Amazon 1100 TV tournament

Post by Shushnik »

Upgrade a line woman to a thrower.

If you can double up on skills, I'd give sidestep to a guard blitzer. That is one of the most annoying combinations ever.

If not I'd probably give the thrower block.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Roxanna over Zara, every day of the week. If you've ever played against her... Movement 8, 2+ leaps, 2+ pickups in a tacklezone, juggernaut, 2+ dodge... Shes a scoring machine, can break cages, and gives you movement and pace to offset your weaknesses.

After that Id maybe swap two linewomen for catchers, to help with handoffs, or use the 40k for team goods that will help you win rerolls on the kick off (2cl and 2ac?)

I think your skills are decent picks. Maybe pass up the double for a wrestle, an extra block, or a guard lino. Id actually be tempted to put kick on a blitzer as combined with Roxanna you can play more directly for turnover scores and take some pressure off your kicking LOS.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Having played against both, I do love me some Zara. I think her most underrated advantage is that she is good against almost everyone. A ST4 Blodger is just always good. Dauntless means she can stand up to ST5 big guys on a 2+. Stakes are awesome against any low armor target, the usual suspects (Wood Elves, Skaven, Norse, other Amazons) but especially against Undead, Necros, etc - all common Tournament opponents. Jump Up makes her underrated-fast, and you can absolutely jump-up a stab.

Roxana is good, you're right that she's a nightmare to play against. Her weakness is the 1 on the die - all those 2+ leaps, 2+ pickups in the tackle zone ... also handoffs, 2+ go for its, etc etc ... fail on a 1. And she has Loner. And if that 1 comes up at the wrong time ... say, on a 2+ ball pickup in a tackle zone ... she's a super high value target, with no Block, ST3, AV7.

But I don't think Star Players are worth their money at TV1100. Consider instead:
4x Blitzers (360k)
10x Linewomen (500k)
3 Rerolls (150k)
Apoth (50k)

... and 40k to spend. Either upgrade two lineos to a Thrower and Catcher (to get your passing game going), some combination of fan factor, coaches, and cheerleaders, or whatever.

Two Guard blitzers, or Guard and MB, is a given. I'd be really tempted to ignore that double and give another Blitzer Guard or Tackle, or a Linewoman Wrestle. Or just give three more Linewomen Block, meaning you have seven Blodgers on the field.

With 14 players and an apothecary, you can afford to take some losses (which is good, because that WILL happen). And you can get away with fouling some high value targets. Like if your opponent took Roxana and she failed an ill-advised Leap ;)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

diphoration, on Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:17 pm wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm going to play my first table top tournament (and table top game for that matter) tomorrow.
Have you enjoy your tourney last satursday?

What was your roster?

How have you performed?