So, I've been undefeated with my Skaven team in our league and so entered the play-offs as the no.1!
Unfortunately, I will most likely end up playing the semi-final against the toughest opponent I could face, Chaos Dwarfs!
My Team (Skaven): Boardwalk Under-Empire (TV 1400):
1 Blitzer with Mighty Blow, Piling On and Tackle
1 Blitzer with nothing
1 Gutter Runner with Block and +AG
1 Gutter Runner with Block and Side Step
1 Gutter Runner with Wrestle and Strip Ball
1 Gutter Runner with Wrestle
1 Thrower with Block
1 Lineman with Guard
4 Lineman with nothing
12 players (+1 MNG) in total
130.000 in the bank
My opponents team (Chaos Dwarf): Toobalooga's Tiny Thrashers (TV 1680):
1 Minotaur with Juggernaut and +MA
1 Bull Centaur with Block and +MA
1 Bull Centaur with nothing
3 Chaos Dwarfs with Guard
2 Chaos Dwarfs with Mighty Blow
1 Chaos Dwarf with nothing
1 Hobgoblin with Dodge and +AG
1 Hobgoblin with Block and Tackle
1 Hobgoblin with Guard
1 Hobgoblin with nothing
40.000 in the Bank
So, what should I do with the 280 TV difference (I'm assuming my opponent doesn't buy anything)?
I could buy one or even two linemen at 50k each; I certainly need cannon fodder.
I could induce a wizard at 150k; powerful, but literally a 'one-shot'.
I could induce an extra Apo (or even two) at 100k each; good for team survival, but will not help me much at actually winning.
I could induce one or two Bloodweiser babes at 50k each; always nice, but no good against casualties (my opponent made eight! casualties in his last game; also against Skaven).
Finally (disregarding thinks like extra rerolls etc), I could induce Starplayers:
- Fezglitch (100k); powerful, but against this much Strength and Guard, he won't live long.
- Skitter Stab-Stab (160k); an extra Gutter Runner is nice, but not against this much Block/Tackle.
- Hakflem Skuttlespike (200k); again, an extra Gutter Runner (with S3) is good, but I fear he too is too fragile.
- Glart Smashrip jr. (210k); a strong beatstick who can break open the AV9, but maybe too expensive.
I'm thinking taking one of the following options:
- Glart and an extra lineman,
- A Wizard, an extra lineman and an BWB
- An extra lineman and 2 Apo's
- A Wizard and an Apo
What would you do; whether from one of these options or sonmething else?
Thanks in advance!