10-man TV 1090 Chaos Dwarf development

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Re: 10-man TV 1090 Chaos Dwarf development

Post by El_Jairo »

I am going to toss in my 2 cents.
I personally would prefer Dodge on the guard blocker as it makes it a bit harder to knock him down. Together with BT this would create a more or less mobile guard. But if you are facing a high AV environment, this is a bad choice.

Now on the Dodge + MA Bull I would pick block before BT. Why? You don't have block on the bulls and this improves his blitzing and also him being the Ball Carrier.

Since you like to play pressure on defence, you should skill your Hobgobs ASAP. Kick allows you to pressure that much more effectively.
Next I would develop a Wrestle, Tackle (strip ball if not too many SH in opposition) to have an effective ball sacker.

Hobgobs are pretty useless without skills and much to vulnerable.

Reason: ''
kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

El_Jairo wrote: I personally would prefer Dodge on the guard blocker as it makes it a bit harder to knock him down. Together with BT this would create a more or less mobile guard. But if you are facing a high AV environment, this is a bad choice.
With tackle not being widely used for now dodge might work. I am still considering two heads, prehensile tail on doubles. Dodge and side step does not require modeling though.

El_Jairo wrote: Now on the Dodge + MA Bull I would pick block before BT. Why? You don't have block on the bulls and this improves his blitzing and also him being the Ball Carrier.
Unless I get any stat increases I will go for block.(ST, MA, AG is welcome) There are quite a few wrestlers in the league, but at least it will protect the ball against double skulls on non wrestlers. The bulls actually get -2 dice blocked a lot with great success for the other team. Also with dodge, and the other bull having break tackle the choice is even more in favor of block.
El_Jairo wrote: Since you like to play pressure on defence, you should skill your Hobgobs ASAP. Kick allows you to pressure that much more effectively.
Next I would develop a Wrestle, Tackle (strip ball if not too many SH in opposition) to have an effective ball sacker.

Hobgobs are pretty useless without skills and much to vulnerable.
I will stop my policiy of keeping the hobos down. They used to be my favorites back in the day. I now have surehanded block hobo (Next is kick off return or fend) and a hobo wrestler( tackle or strip ball next?). I regret taking wrestle; kick is so useful that I will definitely go for it next. Kicking shallow on dodgers and deep on cages is too good to pass up.

kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

My team as of today (link) Including my not to good match record of 1W-6T-4L. I am in it for the long run I guess.