Skink 2nd skill up --

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

dirt mcgirt
Rookie
Rookie

Skink 2nd skill up --

Post by dirt mcgirt »

I had a skink skill up for second skill today. I was able to choose +1 MA or +1 AV or another (agility category) skill. I was planning on taking the +1MA (for a total of 9). The first skill gained was side step. Does anyone think not taking +1 MA for a skink is a bad idea? I feel that skinks are expendable (in comparison to Saurus) and not worth upgrading armor.

MA-ST-AG-AV
8 - 2 - 3 - 7

Dodge - Stunty - side step

Reason: ''
Jorgen_CAB
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Skink 2nd skill up --

Post by Jorgen_CAB »

dirt mcgirt wrote:I had a skink skill up for second skill today. I was able to choose +1 MA or +1 AV or another (agility category) skill. I was planning on taking the +1MA (for a total of 9). The first skill gained was side step. Does anyone think not taking +1 MA for a skink is a bad idea? I feel that skinks are expendable (in comparison to Saurus) and not worth upgrading armor.

MA-ST-AG-AV
8 - 2 - 3 - 7

Dodge - Stunty - side step
The only time I wold take +1AV on a Skink would be if they have +1AG first.

I think you are playing it right if you regard your Skinks as expendable players, Lizardmen is all about their Saurus players and Skinks are there to support and complement them and do a fine job with just their basic skills.

I would even contemplate kicking a Skink from my team with more than two skills so they don't inflate your team value, they are too easy to hurt.

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Skink 2nd skill up --

Post by mawph »

+MV absolutely. With sidestep, makes him the ideal candidate for the 1 turn touch down attempts. Just need two pushes (and not particularly considered ones at that, given his sidestep) to get him in range of a score, instead of 3. Sprint could be the next single skill (if he gets there) for further ease of score attempts.

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!